Author Topic: Eric Byrne  (Read 3399 times)

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
Eric Byrne
« on: July 25, 2016, 06:19:37 pm »
Hello all.

This is some extended research into my (Stallard/Jones/Cox) family history. It is suggested that our Brenda (Hartston) had mentioned to her daughter that Eric Byrne was linked to one of our families. The only information I have so far is:

born 1925
married Maureen in 1975
lived 30 Mowbray Road
Mother a Jones (but no other info).
Eric and Maureen buried at St Tudno's

However, I have a very shaky memory of someone, a few years back, who could have been Eric, talking on the Forum about Kings Road families.  Can anyone please help.   >?>??
Micox

Offline PhilMick

Re: Eric Byrne
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 07:39:39 am »
Hello Micox - I'll speak to my wife about the Byrnes for you. Her mother, Amy Ferguson, lived in number 27 from 1926 until her death in 2015.

Phil

Offline PhilMick

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 08:44:41 am »
Micox - a little information for you.

Yes, Eric and Maureen lived in 30 Mowbray Road for a long time. My wife was in school with their daughter, Elizabeth, at Mostyn Secondary school in the 60's. I remember Elizabeth too.

E & M's kids were: Susan, Elizabeth and Steven/Stephen.

We think Elizabeth was married to a Ronnie ? - who was a local councillor.

Can't comment on the marriage date except to say that it seems more likely to be one of the kids.

My wife recalls that Eric worked for one of the banks.

Hope this helps a little.

Phil

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 10:33:51 am »
Liz Byrne/Cllr Ronnie Hughes?

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 05:24:05 pm »
Micox I think you have the wrong marriage date for Eric Byrne & Maureen Killen, as on the Marriage index the year was 1948.
Elizabeth Byrne & Ronald Hughes married 1972.

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 06:03:25 pm »
Thanks PhilMick, Meleri and Bri. I thought that date was odd. Anyone know who Eric's mother was?   $thanx$
Micox

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 04:18:21 pm »
Looking at the 1939 Register there are two Byrne families in Llandudno.

Patrick and Edith Byrne living at 24 Llwynon Road, Llandudno he is a builder, they married 1927 Conway. There are 4 children in the household but their details are officially closed. Edith's maiden name was Jones

Frank & Elizabeth Byrne living at Golf Club Cottage, Glan Y Mor, Llandudno. Frank is a Golf Club Steward, also living with them John Byrne a builders labourer. The details of the children of this household are also officially closed. Elizabeth and Frank married 5/8/1923 Pentraeth, Anglesey. Elizabeth's maiden name was Jones.

Such a pity we couldn't see the children's information, then we could be certain that one of the families are Eric's  :(

Offline propsanne

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 07:40:23 pm »
Hello

I was casually looking up some old friends when i came across this post and one or two earlier ones that I can't see now.

Anyway - I think I can clear up some of the mystery. From the mid to late 60's they lived at no 30 Mowbray Road, Llandudno - next door to me

Eric and Maureen Byrne married each other TWICE.
Maureen (nee Pulling or Pullin) came from up the Orme.
Eric and Maureen had 3 children Susan, Elizabeth and Stephen.

Sue and I were closest in age and good friends - she married Keith and moved to Towyn near Abergele
Liz married Ronnie Hughes from Maesgeirchan near Bangor and he became prominent in the Labour Party locally and is till a councillor, I think. They lived in Norman Road/Street.
Stephen married and lived in Winllan Avenue - Ive seen him referred to as Hendrix  - obvious reason why.

Mrs Byrne was poorly for many years and died at the end of the 90s maybe early 2000s
Eric stayed on in Mowbray Road until at least 2000 when I sold my parents house following my mother's death in 1997

I would love to hear from sue in particular - or anyone really who has any news

anne Jones (nee Richardson)

k