Author Topic: Restaurants  (Read 11088 times)

Offline spotty dog

• Management board member
Re: Restaurants
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 08:38:34 pm »
I am surprised you were disappointed with your dining experience at Payssane I have never been disappointed although 
a little pricy. Have just checked TripAdvisor 83%exelent you must have hit a bad day or you are used to an exceptional high standard

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 09:22:08 pm »
The Paysanne... is GREAT!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 09:45:13 pm »
Having a great friend who (for some reason) enjoys Payssane and I have eaten there numerous times, and find it pretentious, dated, and I have not had a meal there that I could describe any better than 'average', and it's expensive. It's as about as authentic of French cuisine as a pot noodle and the 'owner' is horribly irritating and ingratiating. I despair when it's suggested and try and suggest somewhere else.

I am truly fascinated why people rave about it...........?   
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline mondie

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2017, 10:09:33 pm »
I am surprised you were disappointed with your dining experience at Payssane I have never been disappointed although 
a little pricy. Have just checked TripAdvisor 83%exelent you must have hit a bad day or you are used to an exceptional high standard

Talking with a few in the office today, the consensus seemed to be that for years it was great but has slipped in the last six months. It was my first time there and wont be going back.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 03:11:54 pm »
Staying in Chester this weekend, so have booked a meal at Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Doubletree Hilton. Looking forward to a big juicy steak!

https://www.mpwrestaurants.co.uk/our-brands/steakhouse-bar-and-grill/chester/

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 09:33:36 am »
Staying in Chester this weekend, so have booked a meal at Marco Pierre White's restaurant at the Doubletree Hilton. Looking forward to a big juicy steak!

https://www.mpwrestaurants.co.uk/our-brands/steakhouse-bar-and-grill/chester/
Well, the meal did not disappoint! I had a fantastic juicy ribeye steak with wild mushrooms and garlic sauce. Perfect!

The following night, we ate in the Garden Room Restaurant, which is also in the Hotel:
http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-and-spa-chester-MANDTDI/dining/garden-room-and-terrace.html

Another great meal, my Wife said that her Linguine was the best she had ever tasted.

As for the Hotel itself, it was excellent, a lot of money has been spent on upgrading the facilities in recent years. The service provided by the staff was excellent, the quality of their training showed through.