Author Topic: Genealogy - Grandfather Moneypenny  (Read 13660 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Genealogy - Grandfather Moneypenny
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 08:21:59 pm »
Thanks, Jackie & Hugo, really must make some time to get down there.  :)

Offline jackiecj

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 08:27:22 pm »
Thanks, Jackie & Hugo, really must make some time to get down there.  :)

Just thought I'd try to return the favour- because everyone was so helpful to me with my search for Roby House!

Offline MissM

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 09:12:55 pm »
Thanks Hugo for taking the time to take the photos of Tower House!

My cousin's pointed something out to me today on Grandad's wedding certificate.   The marriage cert in 1944 shows his age as 53 whereas his death certificate in 1950 when it is recorded as 65...  He dropped 6 years off his age to get married!

Seems once he got going on the tall tales he couldn't help himself! No wonder Florence didn't want to be buried with him!

Offline viv

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2011, 08:45:38 pm »
It's strange that Matthews name did not appear on the computer or in the paper based records at the Conwy Archives, I'll take it up with them when I call next time.
There are two burial grounds in St Tudno's, one is near the Church and enclosed by a wall and is split into Sections A-G.   The other is the newer section of the graveyard.   I have plans of the graves there from A-L only, but I believe there is a plan of the graves at an entrance to the Graveyard and this should pinpoint his grave.
Florence's grave is a mystery though, she may have moved from the area or even remarried.

There is a possibility that if Florence had been married before there would be a family plot with a space for her and she would then be buried with her first husband whose wife had also died.This happened to my great grandmother  - she remarried when her husband died, but her second husband was not buried with her, but with his first wife. As you say also she could have remarried -have you looked up marriages to Moneypenny after 1950?

Offline viv

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2011, 09:04:32 pm »
It's strange that Matthews name did not appear on the computer or in the paper based records at the Conwy Archives, I'll take it up with them when I call next time.
There are two burial grounds in St Tudno's, one is near the Church and enclosed by a wall and is split into Sections A-G.   The other is the newer section of the graveyard.   I have plans of the graves there from A-L only, but I believe there is a plan of the graves at an entrance to the Graveyard and this should pinpoint his grave.
Florence's grave is a mystery though, she may have moved from the area or even remarried.

Just had a quick look on Ancestry - doesn't look like Florence remarried, however there were a couple of Florence E names marrying a Hadley in Liverpool -could be that her first husband died in the war, and she came to Llandudno area  to work in a hotel as many did in those days, having to support themselves, and met grandad!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2011, 09:06:08 pm »
Welcome to the Forum, Viv.  :)

Offline Trojan

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 03:59:12 am »
Yes, welcome Viv.  :)

Offline MissM

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 10:56:25 pm »

Just had a quick look on Ancestry - doesn't look like Florence remarried, however there were a couple of Florence E names marrying a Hadley in Liverpool -could be that her first husband died in the war, and she came to Llandudno area  to work in a hotel as many did in those days, having to support themselves, and met grandad!

Hi Viv,

Thanks for the thought.  I'll have a little look round and see what I can find.  I've a week or so left on my subscription to Find My Past so maybe I can find something in there!

Lynne