Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 45342 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Random Thoughts
« on: January 15, 2011, 09:46:44 pm »
Cryogenics

I've often wondered about Cryogenics, I mean, these individuals who get frozen solid in liquid nitrogen with the hope they will get bought back to life years later, they reckon even centuries later..........how do they know its possible? They have experimented with a hamster ! The other problem I have is these people have to be rich, so I presume they pay the electric up front then do they? With rising utility costs, how do they account for this?
Imagine if your tariff runs out, will the scientists then pull the plug. "Hey pal sorry the meter has gone.....off with the switch" lets hope said scientists don't deal with Eon.
 ?{}?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Paddy

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 04:05:03 am »
Pendragon, I believe Walt Disney has been stored this way. I'm sure the Disney corporation can afford even Eon's prices.

Also, some people who have died of incurable diseases have been cryogenically suspended in the hope that a cure will be found in the future.  How cool would it be to come back to life a few hundred years into the future?

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 09:30:52 am »
so I presume they pay the electric up front then do they?

_))* _))* _))*
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 09:32:55 am »
How cool would it be to come back to life a few hundred years into the future?
The world might be a very unpleasant place by then!

Yorkie

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 09:43:13 am »
The world might be a very unpleasant place by then!

I think the three score years and ten that each of us is allocated is probably enough for anyone!    All the trouble in the World today is an indication that it is virtually impossible for man to live alongside man, and it can only get worse.   Even innocent enterprises such as Forums and Blogs on the Internet are not free of mockery, contempt and derision.   

The end of the World certainly is nigh, and probably not so far away as one may think!     ¢¢##

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 10:07:38 am »
   Even innocent enterprises such as Forums and Blogs on the Internet are not free of mockery, contempt and derision.   

not this forum though!  $3towns$
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 12:46:14 pm »
Paddy I can't think of anything worse than coming back in a few hundred years. Imagine it.....Your put to sleep in the year 2015, with an incurable illness lets presume. You've stored your best clothes and belongings with lock stock (obviously paid up front too) and all your money is saved in the Santander super saver account until further notice.  :D Happy days you might think................Fast forward 200 years................Your woken up by some genetically modified doctor resembling action man  :o (ok that bit might not be so bad) your informed it's the year 2215, and you've been cured of your illness and your fit and ready to return home. Off you trot only to find Lock Stock has long gone, all your possessions lost, stolen or teleported to the wrong piggin' year. Disappointed you return to your house, only to find your family some 100 years ago found the "get out" clause and sold it, so no house. To top it off Santander is a distant memory much like Northern Rock, so your money has disappeared too. Plus due to leaps and bounds in cosmetic surgery you'll be the only person who looks in your 50's.
In short you'll be stood there fit as a fiddle looking much like a neanderthal with only the clothes you've had sprayed on and not a pot to p*ss in.  Nah not havin' it. The words Pork Chop and Jewish Wedding come to mind.  L0L L0L L0L

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Yorkie

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 01:14:14 pm »
The words Pork Chop and Jewish Wedding come to mind.  L0L L0L L0L

OK - So what's funny about Pork Chops and Jewish Weddings?   

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 01:17:10 pm »
Jewish people are prohibited from eating pork.  :P

It's the same as saying "stand out like a sore thumb"

Your teasing me, you knew that ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:21:01 pm by Pendragon »

Yorkie

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 01:33:21 pm »
Jewish people are prohibited from eating pork.  :P

Oh no they are not!    In Leviticus it is stated that only meat from cloven hoofed animals should be eaten and the pig is not cloven hoofed.  Except the Asian Pot Bellied Pig which has a cloven hoof.  That makes it Kosher - or so they say!   L0L

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 01:46:18 pm »
Oh I hate to disagree (well actually I don't mind that much)
Jewish people do not eat pork because pigs are regarded as unclean animals. It is even forbidden for a pig to touch Israeli soil so pig breeders who are catering for other markets have to keep them on raised platforms.
So if you offered your Jewish friend a bowl of your pork stew they would, I suspect decline even if it was Asian Pot Bellied Pig.  _))*

Yorkie

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 02:09:42 pm »
You would not believe the number of Jewish people who eat Bacon Sarnies!   

If I were a rich man,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a wealthy man.
I wouldn't have to work hard.
 ¢¢##

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 02:21:00 pm »
You name me one ? and I shall concede (pah.... as if)

If I were a rich man,
All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.
If I were a wealthy man.
I wouldn't have to work hard.
 ¢¢##

You won't get your own way by serenading me either........ ::)
P.S. Maybe you should look up the word Biddy too and rephrase your little ditty some what  :o

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 02:53:44 pm »

They might-- but they shouldn't ! :o
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Yorkie

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 03:59:41 pm »
Just says an awful lot about how seriously they take their religion.    It is, of course, mostly the men, which is why I suppose the faith carries down the female line.     *&(