Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 47695 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2011, 11:35:34 pm »
 I am actually,   and it wasn't just on THIS forum... this is what it feels like. 

$smack$ $smack$ $smack$

Hell, I'll be geting censored on OSCAR next!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

brumbob

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2011, 11:40:58 pm »
hehe, have another  Z** mate
BB has been censored on Oscar but the thing is it wasn't even me, must start logging in to post there.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2011, 01:22:49 am »
must start logging in to post there.

Yes, me too.

brumbob

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2011, 01:48:15 am »
wont you get confused  L0L

Offline Trojan

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2011, 02:04:21 am »

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2011, 10:04:58 pm »
I was reading the morning advertiser (a magazine for the licensing trade) and came across a really interesting article.  Apparently the National Pubsafe Organisation are leading a new scheme which will enable pub landlords to prosecute and claim compensation from those individuals who cause trouble and damage their pubs.  They can also claim for the cost of security due to the fact that security is only there to deter trouble makers anyway.  It's called the civil recovery scheme.  I think this is an excellent idea.  What do you think?
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Paddy

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2011, 10:12:48 pm »
I'd have thought that if someone causes damage to your property or business you could claim anyway. Without the need for a special scheme?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2011, 10:57:01 pm »
Yes Paddy you can but it's a costly process.  The actual cost of such incidents far out weigh the fines and compensation gained from conventional methods.  If a customer smashes your windows or toilets  for example, the police can sometimes be neither use or ornament in my experience.

After an attack takes place, a police incident report would be sent to RLP, which would write to the offender outlining the offence and demanding the cost — this would be agreed between the licensee and the loss prevention company.

A payment plan would be agreed with the offender and could involve a lump-sum payment or monthly direct debit instalments.

If they refuse to pay, RLP would pursue the payment through the civil courts.

The scheme would work on a no-win, no-fee basis,
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:59:30 pm by Pendragon »

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 11:10:27 am »
Last night I went down to Aberconwy School.  Around seven bands comprised of kids ranging from 12 to 16 were playing a set each.  It was a good night and to be honest all the bands were really good, I was impressed.  The entrance fee was £2 each with the proceeds going to the Chernobyl Kids charity.
There must have been around 60+ kids present.  In the hall there was 1 teacher plus the one in the hall way taking the money. 
From what I could see dancing nowadays is a case of picking your mate up on your shoulders piggy back style and spinning round as fast as you can, while your other mate tries to push you over.  At one point I thought there was going to be a kick off, as the kids made a circle and then pushed and shoved each other in the middle, one lad went crashing into another group of lads who were doing  the alternative "throw your mate over your shoulders and drop him on his head dance?"  I sat there cringing and wincing as they went crashing into the chairs etc.  :o
It's a far cry from when I was in school doing the "one foot in front of the other swing your hips dance" to "C'mon Eileen" and "Tainted Love" 

Through all this the teacher present sat there laughing saying not a word to any of them, he was quite frankly neither use nor ornament. while I sat there wincing and cringing waiting for either someone to get injured or throw up.  At one point the teacher from the hallway came in taking photos of the kids and the other teacher, more than likely to prove he was indeed there.  I'm not easily scared as those who know me know but that was a real eye opener and I won't be going again without a crash helmet I can tell yer now.

On the up side it was a good idea, the kids all enjoyed themselves (in their own, very different to my day way) and amazingly nobody was hurt.  My lad had a good time performing for the first time infront of a crowd, which was after all the whole point.

I suspect it's probably me just getting old...................

Yorkie

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 11:17:36 am »
Obviously no 'elf an' safety or risk assessment!

In my day it was the never ending Gay Gordons at school dance lessons - yes we had lessons!

At the local dance hall it was The Creep, Smoochin' and later The Jive and Rock 'n Roll! 

Those were the days.    ¢¢##    Z**    ZXZ    <:<:<:<     +}}{--

brumbob

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2011, 03:40:34 pm »
I always liked the slow tunes where you could get in close and rub your bodys together smooch
Probably said this before but I remember once, dancing with a girl I'd always fancied, when we came apart I noticed my chewing gum had somehow leapt from my mouth and was firmly embedded in her long hair, ashamed to say that I never told her   :-[

Yorkie

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2011, 05:19:36 pm »
We used to have "GRIMMY" dances to see who could dance with the ugliest bird.  I was with a real winner and put my thumb up to my mates.  The girl said, "You're having a Grimmy dance aren't you?"  I replied in the affirmative and she retorted,"Well so are we!"       What a put down!     Z**

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2011, 05:34:59 pm »
We used to call that "grab a grot."  I remember when a few of us were out in Bangor a few years ago and played the game in Barrels.  It was my mates turn, after having a good look round the bar, we picked out the biggest dog in the place, he had teeth like he could eat an apple through a letter box, hideous he was.  So off she went to ask him for a dance.  You can only imagine her humiliation when the guy gave her a look up and down and said "No maybe later"  We were crying laughing when she turned round.  we still take the mick now.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2011, 10:38:01 pm »
Sounds like a major 'Mosh-Pit' was underway at your lads school..
It reminds me of when I took my daughter to a Motorhead gig.
She likes live (and loud) music, so I knew she would be OK.  (she was 16 incidentally)

At one point though, I was aware of a mosh-pit erupting away to my left...and I was instantly worried for my daughters safety.
I needn't have worried, she was right in the thick of it.... and it was the highlight of her night.
Apparently this stuff occured in her school when bands were on all the time... she was just suprised that it happened where 'fossils' such as me and Motorhead were to be found.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

brumbob

Re: Driving...in the area
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2011, 03:54:25 pm »
I absolutely love your "-NEGATIVE" approach, I'm sure those with a more "+POSITIVE" attitude will find a "BATTERY" of answers to this very "CHARGED" problem!      L0L
What a choker, that's a shocking use of intrinsic error you've charged me with in your current post.
I refuse to be drawn on this and find your reply revolting.  :laugh: