Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 45359 times)

Yorkie

Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 08:58:11 pm »
In the case of Madeleine McCann it is alledged that she was abducted by a person or persons unknown.   The "crime" has yet to be solved or the child found.   The statistics on child abductions are also very interesting especially with regard to "parental" or "relative" abduction.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 10:40:56 pm »
Should the age limit on alcohol be raised to 21yrs old.

If the age limit was increased to 21 it could curb the amount of under age drinkers as its much easier to detect whether a child is over 21 than it to decide if they are under 18. Girls of 15 can often look 18 with the help of make up it would be difficult for them to look 21. With lads it even easier...No beard.....No beer :)  _))*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 10:43:47 pm »
Should we increase our school leaving age to 18yrs old?

I think we should increase the age. Very few school children get jobs at 16 and even less take that job seriously. I think they should go to college or university if that is an option, if not then they should stay on at school. It could give them the chance to decide what career they want when they leave.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:14:30 pm by Pendragon »

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 10:51:33 pm »
Should pubs and clubs be allowed to have separate enclosed, air conditioned rooms for the purpose of smoking.

Smoking is a choice, not a healthy one I agree but then neither is drinking alcohol. If people choose to smoke why can't they do this in warm, covered, well ventilated separate area or bar if possible. Instead smokers are the 21st century's equivalent of lepers forced to stand outside pubs etc we have all witnessed the decline of our public houses due to this unfair ridiculous law. While were on the subject, why is it Mps can still smoke in the houses of parliament buildings? I'm not having the excuse they might get shot outside as this could happen any time.

?{}?
How long does it take to smoke a Savana?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:13:35 pm by Pendragon »

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 11:40:24 pm »
I'm not 100% convinced that the smoking ban has diminished pub attendance....not THAT much.

In my opinion it is the exhorbitant price of drinks, compared to those massively discounted in supermarkets.

In ''my day'' we went out for a beer and chat up the opposite sex because we had a gang of mates who we could meet, AND we had quite a bit of cash.

These days kids are by and large skint,  and even those who are not would rather meet their mates in cyber-world.  (Facebook etc)

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Trojan

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 03:06:18 am »
How long does it take to smoke a Savana?

Don't you mean a Havanna?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 03:13:57 am »
Or maybe you're going to Africa for your holidays?  :o

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 08:17:52 am »
I'm not 100% convinced that the smoking ban has diminished pub attendance....not THAT much.

In my opinion it is the exhorbitant price of drinks, compared to those massively discounted in supermarkets.

In ''my day'' we went out for a beer and chat up the opposite sex because we had a gang of mates who we could meet, AND we had quite a bit of cash.

These days kids are by and large skint,  and even those who are not would rather meet their mates in cyber-world.  (Facebook etc)
I'd agree, especially when you consider how few people smoke these days.  ZXZ

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 09:37:31 am »
Haha didn't realise I'd put Savana...........................Muppet  ???

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 01:51:57 pm »
I'm not sure about this " how few people smoke these days". Town on Saturdays in particular seems to see people standing about outside places, fag in hand.
Although I don't smoke and dislike the smell of stale smoke, I agreee that well ventilated indoor spaces could be set aside for people who enjoy puffing away with their pint.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

brumbob

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 10:04:18 pm »
Should the age limit on alcohol be raised to 21yrs old.
 With lads it even easier...No beard.....No beer :)  _))*
I had a moustache at 14, pubs were no problem then  Z**
+ you could get 10 pints of mild for £1
mind you, I only earned £3 10shillings a week in full time employment

brumbob

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2011, 10:10:49 pm »
I'd agree, especially when you consider how few people smoke these days.  ZXZ
I reckon about a fifth of workers in the factory I work in smoke judging by the amount of people outside at break-times

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 10:39:06 pm »
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2011, 09:17:29 am »
 _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2011, 10:05:42 am »
I had a moustache at 14, pubs were no problem then  Z**

A moustache at 14!..................your kidding me................cultivated bum fluff does not equate to a moustache Bob. Sorry mate  _))*