Author Topic: Mother's Day  (Read 4349 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Mother's Day
« on: March 07, 2016, 12:51:48 am »
It seems that Moonpig mismanaged Mother's Day
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35740066

Might have been better if some of those who complained actually went to VISIT their mother's instead?  Just saying...
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Re: Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:48:56 am »
Well I would have a job to visit mine, or my Mother in law, as they are both long gone !

Due to weather and a puking Great Grand Daughter my daughter stayed put, but the flowers which I received were the best flowers by post that I have ever had. We were amazed by the size and quality of the bunch which came . A plug for them :- www.eflorist.co.uk. They deserve it !

In the past we have had issues with Moonpig sending things wrongly, as well as plenty 1/2 dead flowers from other firms.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline hollins

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 10:48:12 am »
I don't quite approve of the commercialization of Mother's Day and I think it must be such a sad day for those not so lucky as I am whose mothers have passed away.
I try to make something instead. Yesterday I made my mum this card and cooked her a roast beef dinner but she did bring her own beef joint!

Offline Midmarion

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:51:56 am »
No problem for me with moonpig. Parcel from my son in Manchester arrived safely on Thursday.  I wasn't in but easy to collect from Post Office sorting.  Unlike parcel from youngest son in Cornwall. Not at home again, but parcel was left in my incinerator among the ashes in  back garden by amazon!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 01:24:30 pm »
I don't quite approve of the commercialization of Mother's Day and I think it must be such a sad day for those not so lucky as I am whose mothers have passed away.
I try to make something instead. Yesterday I made my mum this card and cooked her a roast beef dinner but she did bring her own beef joint!

That card is beautiful Hollins and your Mother will have appreciated the effort and love that you've put into it.    I've also liked the photos of your mother and yourself having walks and sharing quality time together, that is so important.
She's got a big birthday coming up  in April and I'm sure that you'll do something special for her

Offline hollins

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 01:44:47 pm »
Thank you Hugo. Lovely words.
Yes, she will be 90 in April (same age as the queen) and we are having a big party!