Author Topic: Everything to do with Penrhyn Bay  (Read 29249 times)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Everything to do with Penrhyn Bay
« on: January 11, 2011, 07:41:54 pm »
last week we saw surveyors on the sea front and today all the work started moving all the stones, they are covering the lower steps ready for the spring tides!

P1110046 by AJones56, on Flickr

P1110031 by AJones56, on Flickr

P1110044 by AJones56, on Flickr

P1110030 by AJones56, on Flickr
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Everything to do with Penrhyn Bay
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 07:55:40 pm »
Hmmm, not seen them do that before.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:37:00 pm »
Dave, you of all people, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?   They do more or less the same every year (that is, unless I have been dreaming) Mike

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 08:48:27 pm »
They do.  They started the process in the early '90s, when they brought in barges and dumped a huge amount of sand, presumably to strengthen the beach.   
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:47:45 pm »
No reply from DaveR.   Never mind, the sea wall is fairly high above the road so we will let you off L0L

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 03:29:58 pm »
Do you remember when they did the same thing on the North Shore in March last year? As they finished a storm came and dumped the whole lot on the Prom. What a colossal waist of time and money
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 03:33:40 pm »
Exactly !

See the prom is closed to traffic today, looks as though the roof near the old Drs surgery is coming off.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:11:13 pm »
Pedro's One to One Cafe is closed until the 9th February 2011 as they are away on holiday.  Hope everything is going well for him there as there is serious competition just down the road.     

Offline Hugo

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 04:43:37 pm »
Home from Home Cooking in Penrhyn Bay was open on Monday evening for Valentine's night.   The place was packed and we had a delicious 3 course meal there with coffee afterwards.  A bottle of wine and a couple of bottles of Orme beer led to a very pleasant evening.
The staff made a great effort to make sure that everyone enjoyed themselves.   They have another special menu for St David's Day and I'd like to go to that too but at the moment I feel still full after Monday night's meal.     :)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 07:11:27 pm »
FIVE young people have suffered minor injuries after a crash in Penrhyn Bay on Thursday.

A silver car is thought to have left the road and hit a tree near the Queen's Head T-junction at Glanwydden Lane.

Paramedics, police officers and firefighters were all called to the scene around lunchtime.

All five were taken to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd in Bodelwyddan as a precaution.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 09:41:46 am »
It appears that, sometime last night, vandals have destroyed the old wooden boat holding the flower display at the top of Penrhyn Hill by the 'Llandudno Welcomes You' sign. The boat is now in bits scattered across the grass.  :(

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 09:57:37 am »
I'll have a look later, I won't put in words here what I would do to these morons  :rage:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 03:15:16 pm »
well at about 10. 45am we had a look, someone must have cleared it up, just the odd bit of wood (I would imagine that the boat was very rotten) But some crocus flowers had been pulled off  :(

Offline CurlyCap

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 03:43:35 pm »
That's so sad, we were there last week and actually commented on how clean and tidy it was looking.

We had hoped to climb the Little Orme but we were unable to find anywhere to park.

Can anyone advise on parking in that area and the best way of accessing Angel Bay?

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 04:59:00 pm »
At the roundabout at the bottom of Penrhyn Hill head towards Rhos. Take the first left after the co-op and the garage. First left at the T junction passing the co-op again on your left.keep going as far as you can and when you reach Penrhyn Beach East take a left into the cul-de-sac. The footpath to Angel Bay start at the top of the cul-de-sac.