Author Topic: Pulling Family  (Read 7263 times)

Offline RPulling

Pulling Family
« on: November 08, 2015, 11:40:59 am »
I have created this forum account for my mum but I'm writing her words for her. My mum is Renee Pulling who was born at 7 Pant y Ffrith in 1933. Thinking the info might be of interest to anyone researching or related to Pulling family and we would like to hear from relatives too  :)

My mum has made some notes:

John Godfrey Pulling (Taid) don't know nain's name she died in 1935 and was always referred to as main. Lived 7 Pant y Ffrith. Children:

JOSEPH Pulling born 1912
married Florence Hollett they lived 1 Penmaen View
children Renee, Brian died aged 8 months, Sheila Lillian.
also lived at 1 St Beunos Road and Prospect Terrace at uncle Jim's after the war started.

GEORGE Pulling
married Elizabeth (known as Auntie Bett) they lived at The Croft
Children John Godfrey (Goff), Robert Griffith (Griff).

HENRY Pulling (known as Harry)
married Elsie they lived at Prospect Terrace
children Vera, Lorraine, Barbara.

JAMES Pulling (known as Jim)
married Margaret (poss maiden name melia) they lived at Prospect Terrace next door to uncle Harry.
no children.

WINIFRED ROSE Pulling (known as Win)
married Timothy Thomas they lived Chester
children Evelyn, Eric, Kathleen, Julie.

John Godfrey Pulling (known as Jack)
married Ethel Joy Hughes they lived away in Army.
children John Godfrey, Raymond.

GINNY Pulling
married Henry Tate they poss lived in the town.
children Henry (known as Harry)

WILLIAM Pulling
married ? They lived opposite Mr Jones's School then moved down to the town.
children WILLIAM George.

FRANK Pulling
married ?
children Frank (known as Frankie).

Can anyone fill in the blanks? Would love to hear from anyone who remembers or is related.

Patricia Pulling (known as Trish)  :)
Mum married a pulling hence my name)

Offline Jack

Re: Pulling Family
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 01:23:12 pm »
Are these Pulling's related to Leonard Frank Pulling of Llwynon Road?

Offline RPulling

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 02:48:18 pm »
Hiya Jack mum says the only Frank she knows of is the one in the above post and his son Frankie.

I've looked at some of the forum posts and Barbara daughter of Henry seems to be a member. Mum has just said she remembers Aunty Elsie with affection saying where's the comb and it was in her hair and they had a piano with two candlesticks...can't message barbara maybe as I'm on a tablet.

What age is Leonard Frank Pulling Jack?

Trish :)

Offline Jack

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 03:15:50 pm »
He was born 1920 and died 1944 on war service. Father William and Mother Ethel.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 03:31:11 pm »
I don't know any Pulling members in Llandudno but I've only got a very vague memory of someone who may have been called Pulling.   This person was a postman around the 1960's and lived in or near Ffordd Las on the Council estate.
Pulling isn't  a common name around here but I've just looked at the 1901 Census and there was only one John Pulling living in N Wales and he lived in Anglesey.

Offline rhuddlan

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 03:59:44 pm »
I had a look in the recently released "1939 register" online. There are 14 entries for Pulling,all in Llandudno UD (Urban District).
Just put "1939 register" in your search engine and limit the entries to Pulling and Llandudno.....

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 06:02:52 pm »
Hugo my uncle bill was married to Lorraine pulling they lived in prospect terrace , I have been in touch with Barbara,s son to get her to have a look .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 06:31:30 pm »
You should be able to help the Pulling family in their search then Norman.    By the way do you remember if the Postman in Ffordd Las was a Pulling as I'm not absolutely certain but I know that his name was similar?

Just after I posted this I received an e-mail from a friend who had been following the story.  This is an extract from his e-mail " Have been reading the forum re Pulling family . There was a George and a Harold Pulling working in the old Red Garages  around the sixties and seventies ,my father worked there ,I believe they lived in the West Shore area ,I have no further information but I could make inquiries for you , please let me know ".

In the Conwy Archives in Llandudno there are two Street Indexes that may help in your search.   One is for 1939 and the other is for the early 1960's.    People are listed alphabetically in the index and their address at that time is also stated.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 06:49:13 pm »
I remember Frank Pulling who was supervisor at the Town Hall car park with an office at the back of the old Market Hall.  He was very involved with the Llandudno Naval Club - I think he was chairman.  Sadly Frank died about 8 or 9 years ago.

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 07:17:43 pm »
Hi,I'm Barbara Evans (nee Pulling),Harry and Elsie's daughter.
I have a little information about the family,if it's of interest.
Renee's Nain was called Mary Elizabeth Edge,she was born in 1875.
I'm not sure about George having a son called Goff,although Godfrey is a family name.
I know that Frank Pulling had four children and one of them is called Godfrey (Goff),he is still alive and lives in Llandudno.The others were Frank (Frankie),Elsie and Harold.
William Pulling is Leonard Frank Pulling's father.Leonard was killed in the Second World War and his name is on Llandudno cenotaph.
Does that make your mum and I cousins then?
I'll leave it there for now.Look forward to hearing from you

Offline Hugo

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 10:39:32 pm »
Hi Barbara,  I was in the Conwy Archives today and had a look at the Burial Indexes for St Tudno's Church and St Hilary's Church but couldn't see any entry for a Pulling family member.
Those indexes only list graves with headstones and I think only list those that are the responsibility of the Church.
I did have a look at the Street Index for the early 1960's but I could find no entry for a Pulling, the Postman I thought lived in or around Ffordd Las so I must be mistaken on the name

Offline Barbiroli

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 05:35:23 pm »
Thanks Hugo for looking .I'm sure that my Taid,John Godfrey Pulling is buried at St Tudno's church although I haven't been up there for years

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 06:04:52 pm »
I know Harold pulling lived in ffordd Gwynedd .

Offline Hugo

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 06:44:33 pm »
Norman, do you know if Harold was a Postman?

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »
No he worked in red garages  but I remember who you mean can't remember his name ,tallish guy well taller Than me lol sandy hair .Griff pulling lived on ty gwyn road ambulance man .