Author Topic: One last chance to see the Vulcan in flight  (Read 2819 times)

Offline alw

One last chance to see the Vulcan in flight
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:42:10 pm »
Rhos on Sea promises to be a good vantage point on Staurday, 10th October

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/vulcan-bomber-fly-north-wales-10149322
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.

I never said it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Red Arrows in North Wales today
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 11:54:49 am »
How you can see the Red Arrows in North Wales today
The RAF’s world famous acrobatic display team the Red Arrows will be in the sky over Anglesey this afternoon.

RAF Valley is holding its annual Families Day between 1pm and 5pm today and the final display will be performed by the RAF’s most popular squadron.
Although it is a private event for the base to thank personnel and their families, locals are allowed to park nearby to catch a glimpse of the display.

In a statement the base said: “The event will include a flying display; we very much hope our local community will forgive the temporary increase in noise during the afternoon.
“We have conducted a careful risk assessment of the event in order to assure the safety of our personnel, families and local community.”

The Red Arrows are scheduled to take to the skies at 3.45pm.
But they could be viewable in the sky of North Wales as they make their way to the base, leaving RAF Scampton at 12.55pm.

There will also be a B-52 bomber at some point in the afternoon and a Battle of Britain.
The Red Arrows are due to perform in North Wales on August 28 when they take to the skies for the Rhyl Air Show.   REF DP.

Offline DVT

• Management board member
Re: One last chance to see the Vulcan in flight
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 07:09:44 pm »
I was near Anglesey Sea Zoo this afternoon (marshaling on the Three Castles Classic Rally) and saw them pass over ... 5 in a V formation, then 4 in a diamond formation and a lone one who was going much quicker and overtook the other two groups.  They must have be on their way there as it was just after 1300 hours.

Offline bigbadhenry

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 06:31:10 am »
I was near Anglesey Sea Zoo this afternoon (marshaling on the Three Castles Classic Rally) and saw them pass over ... 5 in a V formation, then 4 in a diamond formation and a lone one who was going much quicker and overtook the other two groups.  They must have be on their way there as it was just after 1300 hours.

Wonder what the lone aircraft was ??? There is nine in the formation. I wasn't aware they had a spare aircraft.

How's The Tree Castles going, went and viewed the cars (prom Wed), some nice cars on display and plenty of people enjoying them.

Will see if I can find time to see the finish.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 08:04:40 am »
The Red Arrows do have a single spare for when one of the flight breaks down, I believe.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Red Arrows and a B-52 bomber
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 12:25:31 pm »
THE Red Arrows and a B-52 bomber were among the aircraft that flew over Anglesey for RAF Valley familie’s day.
The skies above the island were populated with even more military flying machines than usual last Thursday for a private event dedicated to RAF personnel and their families.

Four hours of entertinment was laid on throughout the afternoon, including a display from the Red Arrows, a fly-by from a B-52 bomber, aerobatic planes and several helicopters.

Photos and video..... http://www.northwaleschronicle.co.uk/news/162819/pictures-busy-skies-above-anglesey-for-raf-valley-families-day.aspx

Offline wjones74

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 03:31:57 pm »
The extra plane would have been flown by red 10. he is the commentator and former display team pilot , he will normally use a squirrel helicopter, there may have been time constraints /another display elsewhere etc .   ;D