Members' Lounge > Sport

Llandudno fc

(1/4) > >>

wrex:
Less than a week now to Llandudno fc make their debut in the Welsh premier live on S4C 5 15 saturday teatime,lets hope we get a big crowd for the cameras,please make the effort to support the locals.

born2run:
 $walesflag$

born2run:
This Saturday - the biggest game in the clubs history. Wouldn't it be amazing to kick off with a win  ZXZ

Nantyglyn72:
A really positive start to the first ever campaign in the Welsh Premier League for Llandudno FC yesterday. A great victory, three great well taken goals, several quality saves and a credit to the town

It was encouraging to see over 700 people in attendance for the 3-2 victory over Aberystwyth - however surely we can increase that attendance level???? The club do an awful lot in the community and it would be good to see more there to help support the clubs further development.

A club playing at the highest level in Welsh football with live televised matches such as yesterday's can only help increase the profile of Llandudno.

born2run:

--- Quote from: Nantyglyn72 on August 23, 2015, 09:11:58 pm ---A really positive start to the first ever campaign in the Welsh Premier League for Llandudno FC yesterday. A great victory, three great well taken goals, several quality saves and a credit to the town

It was encouraging to see over 700 people in attendance for the 3-2 victory over Aberystwyth - however surely we can increase that attendance level???? The club do an awful lot in the community and it would be good to see more there to help support the clubs further development.

A club playing at the highest level in Welsh football with live televised matches such as yesterday's can only help increase the profile of Llandudno.

--- End quote ---

Seemed to be less there than in a few games last season. It won't increase either   Z**
I will tell you why, and it's a pity. The £8 price tag puts many casual supporters off  (£5 last season)- the bar price has gone up from £2.50 - £3.00 a pint. Still cheap compared to most places, but for those who have little interest in the team it doesn't make it appealing to them. A lot of people I know from town last year were going pretty much because if they had 5+ pints (at a pound less than most places in town, that covered their admission fee) Because of strict Welsh Premier rules - strictly no drinks allowed outside the clubhouse now and frosted glass on the windows. The patio area outside was often more packed than the stands last year with casual fans drinking and watching the game.
They also had an odd rule that you show your attendance ticket every time you left the bar to go outside to watch the game (or to leave!), an odd rule, if I had lost it I assume I would have had to stay in the bar against my will forever  ZXZ Brilliant!

It's a shame for the club - I think we will see attendances decrease gradually - with only the hardcore support being ever present. I will be there every game though and judging by what we saw on the pitch it promises to be a great season for the town  $walesflag$

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version