Author Topic: Llandudno fc  (Read 8271 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
Llandudno fc
« on: August 16, 2015, 06:27:50 am »
Less than a week now to Llandudno fc make their debut in the Welsh premier live on S4C 5 15 saturday teatime,lets hope we get a big crowd for the cameras,please make the effort to support the locals.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno fc
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 09:14:48 am »
 $walesflag$

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 12:19:00 pm »
This Saturday - the biggest game in the clubs history. Wouldn't it be amazing to kick off with a win  ZXZ

Offline Nantyglyn72

Llandudno Football Club
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 09:11:58 pm »
A really positive start to the first ever campaign in the Welsh Premier League for Llandudno FC yesterday. A great victory, three great well taken goals, several quality saves and a credit to the town

It was encouraging to see over 700 people in attendance for the 3-2 victory over Aberystwyth - however surely we can increase that attendance level???? The club do an awful lot in the community and it would be good to see more there to help support the clubs further development.

A club playing at the highest level in Welsh football with live televised matches such as yesterday's can only help increase the profile of Llandudno.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: Llandudno Football Club
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 09:23:37 am »
A really positive start to the first ever campaign in the Welsh Premier League for Llandudno FC yesterday. A great victory, three great well taken goals, several quality saves and a credit to the town

It was encouraging to see over 700 people in attendance for the 3-2 victory over Aberystwyth - however surely we can increase that attendance level???? The club do an awful lot in the community and it would be good to see more there to help support the clubs further development.

A club playing at the highest level in Welsh football with live televised matches such as yesterday's can only help increase the profile of Llandudno.

Seemed to be less there than in a few games last season. It won't increase either   Z**
I will tell you why, and it's a pity. The £8 price tag puts many casual supporters off  (£5 last season)- the bar price has gone up from £2.50 - £3.00 a pint. Still cheap compared to most places, but for those who have little interest in the team it doesn't make it appealing to them. A lot of people I know from town last year were going pretty much because if they had 5+ pints (at a pound less than most places in town, that covered their admission fee) Because of strict Welsh Premier rules - strictly no drinks allowed outside the clubhouse now and frosted glass on the windows. The patio area outside was often more packed than the stands last year with casual fans drinking and watching the game.
They also had an odd rule that you show your attendance ticket every time you left the bar to go outside to watch the game (or to leave!), an odd rule, if I had lost it I assume I would have had to stay in the bar against my will forever  ZXZ Brilliant!

It's a shame for the club - I think we will see attendances decrease gradually - with only the hardcore support being ever present. I will be there every game though and judging by what we saw on the pitch it promises to be a great season for the town  $walesflag$

Offline Nantyglyn72

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 03:48:21 pm »
To be fair Born2Run I don't think £8 is unreasonable for a WPL game and season tickets are available £100.

I never understood why the lads go anyway to spend more time drinking or in the bar than watching the match. There is plenty of time for that after the match.

Llandudno FC do great work with the youngsters so perhaps more needs to be done to encourage them to come along.....free tickets to local schools etc or kids free with paying adult or kids for a quid

I might be blind to it but I don't see much advertising of the games around town. I know when I have been in different parts of the country I have gone to games on spec out of interest. Sure some visitors could be tempted to increase the gate.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 04:10:24 pm »
I would bet 99.9% of visitors have no idea where the ground is. Half the locals probably don't for that matter.
£8 is not unreasonable - Colwyn Bay is a tenner and has all the atmosphere of a morgue. But a lot of people are more interested in watching Man United on the tele instead.
To be honest there is a lot of kids there anyway - and I think it is a pound for them to get in (was free last year)

The supporters group are doing a lot of work handing out flyers and getting people interested in coming to the games, and that'll be a big reason why the attendance was high on Saturday.

Offline Nantyglyn72

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 07:28:37 pm »
Maybe the Friday night games will draw a bigger crowd? There a a few coming up.

All the coaches taking supporters along the coast to Everton Liverpool and the Manchester clubs are too much to compete with on a Saturday along with the numerous live games.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 10:34:06 am »
Do those coaches still exist? I never see them advertised these days.

Offline Nantyglyn72

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 08:39:34 pm »
I definitely know of Liverpool and Everton coaches that come along the coast

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2015, 11:26:00 pm »
I'll be attending all the Friday night games....
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 09:29:04 am »
That's me staying in then  :-*

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 08:01:13 pm »
 coach going to New Saints oswestry friday night to support the town.im on it

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 09:43:18 pm »
Do you intend changing your name soon from wrex to llan?

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 04:43:04 pm »
Not yet Bri but really enjoying the atmosphere,football and the people down at my home town.Problem with prices going up is having to pat vat now and bigger wages so a
£3 increase is not bad,i know hundreds of people in town who say they support football but for some reason would never dream of coming down to a game,this friday we entertain top of the table Newtown  and after our brilliant draw at The New Saints i hope a few more give it a try.