Author Topic: Old photos of pubs  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Catherine

Old photos of pubs
« on: August 02, 2015, 04:40:36 pm »
Hello!

My partner and I have been commissioned by Amberley Publishing to write a book in their local history Pubs series, which will feature between 40 and 50 pubs in Conwy and District (we are local, living in Penmaenmawr).

Along with the text, we have to provide original recent interior and exterior photographs of our featured pubs, along with archive shots where possible. We’ve managed to track down several of the latter via various sources, but I have noticed some great pictures on this forum and wondered whether any of you wonderful folk might be able to help us out.

The pubs we’re keen to find archive shots of are:

The Gladstone (as The Legend or New Legend)
White Lion, Llanelian
Blue Bell, Bridge Inn, Malt Loaf, Albion, Ye Olde Mail Coach, Liverpool Arms – all Conwy (also the old HSBC bank)
Castle View, Deganwy (as either Maggie Murphy’s or original Castle View)
Cottage Loaf, Queen Victoria, Snowdon, Palladium – Llandudno
Cross Keys, Penrhyn Arms, Craigside Inn – Penrhynside
Pen y Bryn, Colwyn Heights (in Taylors days),
Old Picture House, Sun Inn, Plough, Marine Hotel – Colwyn Bay/ Old Colwyn
Cayley Arms, Hickory’s (as The Ship) - Rhos

We’d be so grateful if anybody could provide old pictures of any of the above - ‘old’ meaning any time when the place looked somewhat different to today! A general street shot where the pub is visible would be fine; it doesn’t have to dominate. Full acknowledgement of source will be made in the book, although I’m afraid we don’t have any budget to pay for inclusion - we’re doing the book through love and an interest in local history rather than any great financial recompense!

If you can help, please do let me know.

$thanx$   Catherine