Author Topic: End of the World  (Read 7319 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
End of the World
« on: January 03, 2011, 06:03:51 pm »
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Re: End of the World
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:30:12 pm »
If it's true, may as well stop paying into my pension, but as they are basing their findings on a very old work of fiction with numerous translations, I think it safe to say they will look very silly driving a car on May 22nd with stickers saying the world ended the day before  _))*  I bet them any money the world won't end then, they can pay me on the 22nd and if I'm wrong.....
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 06:32:18 pm »
I wonder what Marie Exley going to think when she wakes up on the 22nd May  ))* Life goes on
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:33:50 pm by Blongb »
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 11:26:17 pm »
The world has already ended....earlier than predicted.

McDonalds have put the price of the double cheeseburger up from £1.19  to £1.39 !!!!!!

Then...Mrs F is threatening me with not being allowed to use her laptop (THIS laptop) anymore.

I can't afford another...so I urge all the Forum members to club together to buy me a new laptop...and keep my scintillating musings in the public domain.

L0L L0L

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:23:12 am »
Problems problems----- my PC isn't communicating with my printer and is making awful noises, diagnosis--- the Mother Board is on its way out.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 11:24:45 am »
Problems problems----- my PC isn't communicating with my printer and is making awful noises, diagnosis--- the Mother Board is on its way out.
The only thing on the motherboard that makes a noise is the fan that sits on top of the processor. Maybe its not working and the processor is overheating, leading to the problems? Fans are cheap to replace.

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:19:56 pm »
Get the back off and give it a good vacuuming out.
Sometimes hairs get wrapped round the fan , slowing it down

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 08:23:32 am »
You need to be careful about using a vacuum cleaner, as the air can easily become electro-statically  charged, which could blow your cpu.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 09:09:25 am »
Do you remember that guy that used to walk round Llandudno with a sandwich board proclaiming the end of the world. It always puzzled me why he bothered, when obviously the world didn't end on the day he suggested and then would turn up the next year outside M and S proclaiming the end of the world was nigh again.
That reminds of the fella who walked round all the time covered in posters about CCTV. The paranoid one who thought everyone was watching him, they were as he stood out like a pork chop at a jewish wedding.  _))*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 09:41:37 am »
I went past M&S the other week and there was a religious guy outside shouting about the end of the world. Something to do with the New World Order, apparently, and that we were all sinners. He didn't seem to realise that shouting, waving his arms about and looking generally nuts wasn't the best way to get a point across.  ???

The guy with 'don't  film me!" signs all over his clothes is still about. He spends a lot of his time in the Library.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 10:25:08 am »
Do you remember that guy that used to walk round Llandudno with a sandwich board proclaiming the end of the world. It always puzzled me why he bothered, when obviously the world didn't end on the day he suggested and then would turn up the next year outside M and S proclaiming the end of the world was nigh again.
That reminds of the fella who walked round all the time covered in posters about CCTV. The paranoid one who thought everyone was watching him, they were as he stood out like a pork chop at a jewish wedding.  _))*

The paranoid guy was sat outside The Empire Hotel covered in signs the other day... he didn't like me looking at him at all.
The irony is that I would have no intention of looking at him, I only did so BECAUSE he was covered in signs!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 05:14:31 pm »
I knew a chap who was a fully paid up hypochondriac, He made our Doctors life a real misery with his constant visits.

I read his headstone when I was up in Llanrhos Cemetery the other day.

I told you I was ill.     >>>
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 06:10:52 pm »
I told you I was ill.     >>>
The same is said on the headstone of Spike Milligan, I loved him. Genius
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Hugo

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 12:20:40 pm »
I had a friend who was a Jehovah's Witness and in the 1960's  he used to tell me that the world would end in the 1980's.  I still see him about but apparently the Witnesses must have moved the goalposts again.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 03:44:05 pm »
apparently the Witnesses must have moved the goalposts again.

As they always do...