Author Topic: Walking  (Read 821519 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: Walking
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2011, 07:39:54 pm »
Thanks Fester, there was a heat haze hanging about all day but it was nice just being in the Sun and being warm. Hope that it's a sign of good weather to come.
I posted a photo of Parc Farm that I took when I went past today and have always wondered how they managed to get planning permission to build the bungalow there, bearing in mind the difficulty of getting things past CCBC.  I just assumed that it was because of the agricultural aspect but was surprised to see yesterday that it is a holiday bungalow being let at £896.00 per week in high season and £595.00 per week in low season.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2011, 09:23:39 pm »
Lovely pics Hugo--never got onto the Orme today as I was tied up with other jobs--one of which was taking Frizzy for his first haircut!
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2011, 12:32:22 am »
one of which was taking Frizzy for his first haircut!

So the coat is no longer frizzy?  ?{}?

Offline Trojan

« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2011, 12:35:56 am »
One day that rock face will collapse and take a chunk of the Marine Drive with it. Hopefully, no one will be walking/driving underneath at the time.

Offline tonyf

« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2011, 09:57:36 am »
 ZXZ What great photos, especially Hugo's. I'm extremely envious of you guys with all those great walks with great scenery, makes me very home sick. Me and Phil P came up for Ian Haslock's funeral arriving the afternoon before the internment. We had a walk around the town, the prom etc and both felt 'this is where we belong' it's a hard emotion to explain, you have to live away to experience it. We left the following day after the internment with heavy hearts, firstly for Ian and secondly for the leaving of Llandudno. It's nice on the coast down south, it's where the kids grew up and where 'my' family is, so uprooting it all is out of the question on pain of death!!!! I'll just have to be satisfied with my once a year visit. Until then, please keep the photos coming!   
Tonyf $walesflag$ 

Offline Hugo

« Reply #305 on: March 25, 2011, 12:32:30 pm »
Lovely pics Hugo--never got onto the Orme today as I was tied up with other jobs--one of which was taking Frizzy for his first haircut!

I bet he looks cute after his first haircut. Lynda has started giving Marco his Summer cut but it'll take her a while to finish it. This is him this week before the cut.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2011, 09:28:13 pm »
Before and after !

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2011, 09:38:57 pm »
what lovely dogs don't know which is cutest!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2011, 09:41:04 pm »
Thanks Suepp, mine is only 6 months old--I think Hugo's is a little older.
Still picking up little teeth from the carpet !

Offline Hugo

« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2011, 10:36:49 pm »
That's a lovely haircut Frizzy has had, my wife has been nagging me to get another dog for company for Marco and she loves Bishons.
I'd better not show her Frizzy's  photo or I'll get more ear ache!    ;)

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #310 on: March 26, 2011, 10:21:20 am »
 _))* _))* _))*

brumbob

« Reply #311 on: March 26, 2011, 12:13:15 pm »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #312 on: March 26, 2011, 03:31:30 pm »
You might even have them in this country Brumbob because one of my friend's had a dog that was last seen rodgering a sheep!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #313 on: March 26, 2011, 04:00:17 pm »
It was a bit colder today and there was a sea mist so visibility wasn't so good but at least it was dry for our walk on the Little Orme. We started the walk from the housing estate in Penrhyn Bay and quickly walked to Angel Bay where we saw about 18 seals on the beach with 4 more on a rock in the water and also others swimming about. Spoke to one person who was watching the seals and the most he had seen there were 35 seals!   :)
After watching them we puffed and panted our way up the steep incline to the summit and walked around admiring the views. There was some fresh erosion visible near the housing estate below the Little Orme. From there we made our way through Penrhynside where all the Chapels seem to have been converted into nice private residences. From there we followed the footpath past Pant Y Wennol and the Old Windmill to the cliffs overlooking Fferm Bach Farm.  Shame about the views today but it still looks nice anyway.    We then went through Gloddaeth Woods past St David's College and an old water tower and came out by Penrhyn Old Hall and then stopped at Home from Home Cooking for a delicious Cappuccino.  We crossed the busy roundabout and followed the private road until we came back to the quarry and the start of our walk.  To see the seals was the highlight of the walk and as some of them are pregnant we'll be back there again soon to see their pups.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #314 on: March 26, 2011, 04:02:26 pm »
Little Orme Walk