Author Topic: Walking  (Read 837172 times)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
Re: Walking
« Reply #150 on: February 15, 2011, 11:56:52 am »
I'm going to walk round the cycle path today all the way to town.  If by then I have lost all feeling in my legs I may even go round the Orme. I was going to get the bus over to Aber and go up to the falls but I woke up this morning and realised in this weather I'd have to have a death wish.   ;D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Paddy

« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2011, 01:53:31 pm »
Just over 13 miles if you manage it Pendragon. Enjoy.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2011, 03:41:15 pm »
Thanks for that Trojan-- Yes I do remember RetroRoxxme, her dog was attacked and she posted warnings about it.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #153 on: February 15, 2011, 04:16:27 pm »
Just over 13 miles if you manage it Pendragon. Enjoy.
Ha ha needless to say I didn't manage it.  I walked all the way to west shore and then turned back.  That was far enough for me Paddy. :D

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #154 on: February 15, 2011, 05:30:29 pm »
Always make sure to have a good cafe as a destination for a walk - gives you something to look forward to at the end of the walk!

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2011, 05:31:54 pm »
I've done that walk in reverse, but tend to be a fair weather walker - Summer months only!

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2011, 06:30:24 pm »
Had a really nice walk today from Conwy, all the way along the cycle path to West Shore.  I spoke to two lads clearing the ivy on the "turret toilets"  I asked if they were going to repair the broken drain pipe at the side and was assured there's another work force coming soon to carry out the work.
I took a photo of the tunnel under the road.  It seems to serve no purpose at all to be honest.  It has no access doors for maintenance and is full of rubbish, even a cycle helmet.  I wonder if it belongs to the scooter tossed over the wall featured in my earlier post?
As I approached Llandudno there was sign "beware of Golfers" I had to laugh, as I imagined some rabid middle aged man, frothing at the mouth, wearing a pringle jumper , jumping out from the bushes wielding a club.  :o. but then due to throwing Socs' ball incessantly along the path I now had one arm like Popeye so I would have put up a good fight  ;)
I also took a photo of what we as kids used to call sleeping beauty mountain, if you look at the silhouette you can see her head, nose, boobs and skirt outlined on the edge of the mountain.  That's what my Dad used to tell us anyway but then for years I truly believed a haggis was a bird with one leg longer than the other enabling it to run round the mountain faster.  
I took a picture of a shelter on Deganwy beach, it could do with a lick of paint but I have to admit I much prefer the old versions to the anti vandal painted, breeze block ones the council erect nowadays.  
The Orme looked really impressive in the distance but it was then that I decided it was a bit too far, not to mention ambitious to even think of tackling the hike around it today.  Who am I kidding? It's a bit too ambitious to think I'll tackle it tomorrow either.
On my arrival back in Conwy I took the photo of the old stables (I think they're stables) tucked round the back of the bakery just up the road from the Legion.  Lovely building I thought.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2011, 06:35:33 pm »
Bah! Nice walk and pics, Angie, but your last pic I had saved up myself as a 'where is it?' quiz question!  :rage:

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2011, 06:38:53 pm »
Dave, you can still use that pic we'll pretend we don't know  :D

Angie, Fester is right about your writing, it's great to read and the pics are good two, perhaps you could do some sort of guide book for the area, just a thought!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2011, 06:43:26 pm »
Bah! Nice walk and pics, Angie, but your last pic I had saved up myself as a 'where is it?' quiz question!  :rage:
Your kidding me!  It would have been the only quiz question I could have got correct.  I've all but given up on that topic now.  I do remember you saying some weeks ago (Fester is my witness) that you were going to put an easy question on there especially for me but it has yet to surface Mr Man.  :roll:

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2011, 06:45:13 pm »
Angie, Fester is right about your writing, it's great to read and the pics are good two, perhaps you could do some sort of guide book for the area, just a thought!
I can see it now....The 'Pendragon© Guide To Conwy'.

What Conwy has always lacked (besides a Pendragon Guide) is a street by street history, and that's amazing for the most historic town in the area. Llandudno has Queen of the Welsh Resorts and Colwyn Bay has Colwyn Bay: Its Origin & Growth but Conwy has nothing comparable....

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2011, 06:46:11 pm »
I do remember you saying some weeks ago (Fester is my witness) that you were going to put an easy question on there especially for me but it has yet to surface Mr Man.  :roll:
Did I say that? I'll do one for you right now....

brumbob

« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2011, 07:03:26 pm »
I've walked from the North Shore, then along the cycle track but only got as far as Deganwy and my feet were killing me after the walk back, so well done.
We don't walk in Birmingham.

Stopped to look in the antique shops in Deganwy, why are there none in Llandudno?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2011, 07:13:40 pm »
Your havin a laff Brumbob there's loads of antiques in Llandudno.  Maybe not in the shops though as they tend to congregate on the prom  ;D

brumbob

« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2011, 07:31:36 pm »
where on earth did you find that piccy of me and 'er indoors  :o