Author Topic: Walking  (Read 821559 times)

Offline Trojan

Re: Walking
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2011, 04:41:31 pm »
 $cool$ Is that Moel Siabod above Hugo?

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2011, 05:08:07 pm »
After the photo of the Peregrine Falcon the mountains are:-
1)  Tryfan
2)  That's Siabod
3)   Above the farmhouse are L to R      Pen Yr Ole Wen, Carnedd Dafydd, Carnedd Llewelyn.

I've posted some photos again of my walk up Moel Siabod on 24th Feb 2010 so if you fancy a walk up there I'll take you.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 05:12:54 pm by Hugo »

Offline Trojan

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2011, 05:14:05 pm »
I've posted some photos again of my walk up Moel Siabod on 24th Feb 2010 so if you fancy a walk up there I'll take you.

I'll take you up on that offer next time I'm over Hugo.

It's been a while since I've been up in the Carneddau.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2011, 05:22:55 pm »
My Dad has always been a keen mountain walker. He'd disappear every Sunday for most of the day kitted out with all the essential gear from walking boots to maps.  When I was 5yrs old I had my own walking boots and a small blue leather trimmed rucksack with all my essentials like my spare socks, a packet of polos and a wagon wheel.  I used to go with him on some of his shorter treks which could sometimes be 5 miles or more.  Sounds great doesn't it..........well let me tell you .... it wasn't.  Five miles is a hellova long way to a five yr old.  I can remember him laughing at me 'cos I was knackered, arm in the air hanging onto his rucksack strap getting dragged up the hill.  Moaning as you do "are we nearly there yet Dad" every now and again he'd give me one of those Dextrose tablets to give me energy. He still takes the mick now lol.  The best part was at the end of the walk we'd always go to the pub and get coke in a real coke bottle and a packet of KP cheese and onion crips.
Untill today I never really appreciated why he'd want to go up the moutain and I'm going to shock him this week and phone him and ask when he's going next.  If I promise not to hang on to his rucksack moaning, I reckon he'll be quite chuffed.

These photos were taken on the sychnant pass.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2011, 05:33:18 pm »
I went up by where the ice cream van parks on the pass to look at what I thought were old hom steads but unless trolls lived on them there hills they were probably animal sheds on closer investigation.  The door way looks fit for the vertically challenged.  Ah but I might be right after all.........isn't that a bed in the last photo  :D

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2011, 05:37:25 pm »
These photos were taken just off the pass (climbed over a fence sssshhhh) I always thought trees looked really plain in winter, not so my friends.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2011, 05:39:57 pm »
Are you bored yet?  A couple of Socs. Beautiful dog.

brumbob

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2011, 06:04:06 pm »
nice photos Angie  $cool$

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2011, 06:09:04 pm »
Thanks Brumbob.  I had the camera as a present for helping organise a friends wedding. Its a finepix Z. Cracking little camera to be honest.  I was fiddling about with it last night so I can sort the settings out now.

Offline Trojan

« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2011, 06:13:35 pm »
I was fiddling about with it last night

Yes, me too.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2011, 06:35:55 pm »
Lovely pics Angie, I just wish I could walk far enough to get to these places now.
We used to picnic up the pass 40 years ago when our daughter was small and my Dad used all the little lanes to avoid the traffic hold ups before they built the new Conwy bridge.
He used to come up the Bangor Road, over the pass and through the lanes to cross the river at Taly Cafn and back up to the 'digs' in Rhos.
 OMG I sound like a dinosaur !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2011, 06:38:14 pm »
I was fiddling about with it last night

Yes, me too.
Now why doesn't that suprise me  :D

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2011, 06:42:13 pm »
Hey Trojan Nemises is selling an electronic organ...............might save you some time  WWW

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2011, 07:26:20 pm »
Great to read about your walk and see the photos, Angie. Whereabouts is that pond in the trees?

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2011, 08:00:02 pm »
Just past the cattle grid on the pass by the entrance to the old farm on the right.  I jumped over the fence. I've never noticed it before. I bet you could take some cracking photos there Dave.