Author Topic: Walking  (Read 470518 times)

mull

• Ad Free Member
Re: Walking
« Reply #2205 on: January 29, 2021, 05:49:04 PM »
Nice walk that, cheered me up on these dark days. Views from the top outstanding.

Good to see Deganwy Castle still standing since it shut as a hotel. Lots of memories there of evenings out in 1980's and later staying there when I had to visit North Wales for work in the 1990's. Always felt very much at home there but I was never a dart's player.

BrianP

« Reply #2206 on: January 29, 2021, 08:54:02 PM »
You have described many of the places that I used as my playground, growing up in Deganwy. When the restrictions are lifted, I will once again stretch my legs on familiar ground

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2207 on: January 30, 2021, 02:20:16 PM »
The former Deganwy Castle Hotel has now been converted into apartments like a lot of similar buildings in the area have but I haven't been able  to take a recent photo of it because of the restrictions on travel.   The darts team and their supporters used to have coach trips for the day to Manchester and before they set off the coach would be loaded up with crates of beer but by Chester they had drunk the lot  $drink$

You'll have to do the walk on the Vadre again Brian, we are lucky to be living in such a beautiful area and those views from the top of the Castle are stunning.     If you grew up in Deganwy then I'm sure that you'll recognise some of those faces in the old photo