Author Topic: Walking  (Read 430688 times)

SteveH

• News Editor
Re: Walking
« Reply #2160 on: July 09, 2020, 10:29:52 AM »
This seemed a bit selfish, and hardly in keeping with sticking together for the safety of all, surprised Ogwen MR did not have more to say.

Slow Snowdonia walkers left behind by group ended up having to be rescued
They got lost on a 3,000ft peak in poor weather and were led to safety by the Ogwen Valley mountain rescue teams

cont  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2161 on: July 09, 2020, 10:51:26 AM »
It's not just selfish Steve it's stupid .      Thankfully their stupidity has not resulted in a fatal accident as the rocks on Tryfan are slippy and it's one place I would avoid in wet or windy conditions.
As it is the actions of that leading group has resulted in the Mountain Rescue team being called out when it could have been so easily avoided

Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #2162 on: July 09, 2020, 11:44:40 AM »
Yep.  Wonder if the leader (if there was one) had ever heard about going at the pace of the slowest member?
“Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.”   ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #2163 on: July 11, 2020, 10:58:12 AM »
Not sure best thread for this subject, but seems most appropriate......

All the reopened National Trust places that you can now visit in North Wales
As lockdown restrictions ease, the trust has reopened these gardens and parklands in the region.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2164 on: July 18, 2020, 03:56:24 PM »
I just can't understand why certain people go to beautiful areas and then spoil it by leaving litter and things all over the place but I was particularly annoyed when Tellytubby sent me an e-mail showing the destruction vandals had caused in an area we had visited last year.
I've attached some photos so that people can see what it was like inside this wooden building before those mindless morons visited the place

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #2165 on: July 18, 2020, 04:04:11 PM »
I saw that article and thought I remembered seeing it in one of your quizzes, but could not find the old post, vandalism is a pet hate of mine, morons ........

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2166 on: July 18, 2020, 05:05:36 PM »
It was July 2019 when we visited that place and it is in a quiet but beautiful setting so I'm pleased that we saw it before those vandals trashed the place
What pleasure the idiots got from that mindless act is beyond me.

Three Towns Forum - Talk about Llandudno, Colwyn Bay & Conwy

« Reply #2166 on: July 18, 2020, 05:05:36 PM »

hollins

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2167 on: July 25, 2020, 01:00:21 PM »
Here are a few photos of the Pembrokeshire coast path walk we did around the Angle peninsular to Freshwater West.

hollins

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2168 on: July 25, 2020, 01:09:25 PM »
Recently stayed in Pembroke and they have made two beautiful short walks around the mill pond on one side and around the castle on the other side.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2169 on: July 25, 2020, 06:30:08 PM »
Lovely photos Hollins from a beautiful part of our country and it's good to hear that you are getting out and about now.     Those holiday photos of yours have been missed since lockdown

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #2170 on: July 28, 2020, 11:02:28 AM »
A friend sitting in her car, looking at a map, deciding which walk to take, when a car pulled up next to her, two ladies dressed for walking

got out, one went and opened the rear doors, and exclaimed ... XXXX ! ..we've forgotten the  dog !        :-[                $booboo$