Author Topic: Walking  (Read 411664 times)

mull

• Ad Free Member
Re: Walking
« Reply #2145 on: April 29, 2020, 07:35:39 AM »
Good to see you are getting out locally in this good weather, and staying off the mountains. So far I think the Ochils team are the only ones with a call out in Scotland since the lockdown.

Interesting to see what is involved for teams when attending a call out. It will be the same or similar for Welsh teams.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2146 on: April 29, 2020, 11:52:54 AM »
Hi Mull,  it was good to get out on Monday and do a longer walk and in the time I was out I only saw about 6 people and they were in the village of Llanelian and keeping well apart.
I suppose you are keeping up to date with some of the news from N Wales and know that the mountains are off limits to walkers now but try telling that to the idiots from London and other places who venture up here.
Are the hills and mountains of Scotland off limits to walkers too?      Even in the days when people were allowed to walk up mountains you would still get the irresponsible morons who would chance going up the mountains ill prepared and then coming unstuck and having to call out the Mountain Rescue teams.      You were one of those volunteers who would go out in all weathers to do a search and rescue act and put your own life in peril and all mountain lovers appreciate the work that you do.      I know that your number 1 priority is to save lives but it must be so annoying to be called out because someone has acted in an irresponsible manner and I hope those sort got a ticking off from someone

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #2147 on: May 03, 2020, 04:05:33 PM »
Paramedics and a mountain rescue team were alerted after a woman injured her leg during a walk.               ref DP

The woman, who has not been named, was taking her two dogs for a walk on the hillside just south of the Sychnant Pass between Conwy and Penmaenmawr on Saturday afternoon, The alarm was raised shortly after 2.30pm.

An Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue team spoksman said: "The casualty, a local nurse, had been walking her two dogs as per government guidelines when the dogs tripped her up with their leads leading to a suspected fracture of her lower leg.

"Following guidance, team members donned PPE before treating the casualty and placing her in a stretcher for a short carry to the roadside and handover to the Welsh Ambulance Service."

"This accident shows that anyone can have a bad day and the team wish the casualty a speedy recovery and return to work."