Author Topic: Walking  (Read 371010 times)

mull

• Ad Free Member
Re: Walking
« Reply #2055 on: October 03, 2019, 08:29:26 PM »
Don't tell the Swedes about Parkgate...

They will send a little girl over to tell us it is due to climate change.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2056 on: October 04, 2019, 12:21:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Excellent, one of your best accounts.        $thanx$

Thanks Steve,   I enjoyed the walk and the things we saw so much that I got a little carried away with the photos

Blongb

• Ad Free Member
  • I love living in Llandudno
« Reply #2057 on: October 07, 2019, 03:32:14 PM »
Thanks Steve,   I enjoyed the walk and the things we saw so much that I got a little carried away with the photos
[/quote]

Please keep getting carried away with the Photos Hugo. I really enjoyed looking at them and the accompanying account was just right  $thanx$
-- Now I can only sit and stare--

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2058 on: October 11, 2019, 01:50:19 PM »
Tourists are now flocking to Fairy Glen just to fall out with the farmer.         I've been on walks by Fairy Glen a number of times and every time we have had the same experience with the farmer, he's consistent at least

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2059 on: October 17, 2019, 09:56:10 AM »
By the time we arrived at Betws Y Coed yesterday the weather had picked up and it was bright and sunny, perfect conditions for a nice easy riverside walk.    We started the walk by the Information Centre and walked along the banks of the River Llugwy passing the old Royal Oak Farm along the way.    Just before the railway bridge, Tellytubby spotted a Heron in the water so we stopped to take some photos before carrying on along the footpath which then goes between the river and the Golf Course.  It wasn't long before we came to the confluence of the River Llugwy and the larger River Conwy and there we headed up the Conwy River until we came to some large stones in the water.     We stopped there for some photos and remarked how beautiful it was.    The golf course is just like a park and surrounded by hills and mature trees and so peaceful and quiet, only interrupted by the sound of a misplaced golf shot hitting the trees and ending up in the river.
A little further on we stopped and sat on a bench to have a drink and it overlooked a deep section of the river and out of the still waters popped a Cormorant which had been diving underwater looking for its food.    The path continued past the Church until we came to the small suspension bridge that crosses the river and we couldn't resist walking across the bouncy bridge but we returned across it and walked to Pont Y Pair and stopped there to have our refreshments.      After that we carried on walking along the banks of the River Llugwy until we came to the Miners Bridge and we crossed over that and up the steps to the A5 and walked back along the main road to Betws.     There is a nice little cafe just before Pont Y Pair so we stopped there for a nice latte and it was a good way of finishing a very pleasant walk

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2060 on: October 17, 2019, 09:58:52 AM »
Betws Y Coed riverside walk