Author Topic: Walking  (Read 341438 times)

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
Re: Walking
« Reply #1995 on: January 13, 2019, 06:09:59 PM »
Snowdonia Slate Trail No 9    Llan Ffestiniog

Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1996 on: January 19, 2019, 11:27:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #1997 on: January 19, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »
Yesterday didn't start well when I realised I'd left my phone in the Bron with my eticket on it and the battery would be running low costing me an extra 5.50 in bus fare grrr.
We took the bus to Llanllechid and joined the Slate Trail to Bethesda. The Snowdonia Slate Trail is an 83 mile circular walk beginning and ending at Bangor taking you through the heart of the industrial ages of slate production in Snowdonia. A and E have done a couple of the section but we intend to do more.
The rough guide we got off the Web was neither use nor ornament and we soon reverted back to "Backcountry navigator" seriously this is a free app and invaluable if you enjoy walking...
We followed the footpaths eventually leading through a wooded area where we came across a fallen bridge. Elaine refused to walk over the bridge opting for nearly falling in the river instead lol.
The little birds on route probably make me smile more than anything Robins, Starlings and a Buzzard that landed in a tree. I love this time of year you seem to see so much more. We also saw the cutest sheep thinking it was a Bearded Collie (Dulux dog) at first.
Not a bad day in all.
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

hollins

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1998 on: January 19, 2019, 04:26:47 PM »
Lovely pics and so nice to see you back on here again.

Jj

« Reply #1999 on: January 19, 2019, 07:23:34 PM »
Thanks very much Hollins xx

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2000 on: January 19, 2019, 11:07:03 PM »
It's really good to see you back on here Pendragon,  I always looked forward to reading your reports of the walks and the photos that went with them.