Author Topic: The Changing Face of Llandudno  (Read 41157 times)

Nemesis

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Changing Face of Llandudno
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2019, 06:25:46 PM »
The last we heard from the local councillors was that it was going to be a 'Training Hotel'. !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

CMG

« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2019, 10:28:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sorry Iíve been absent for so long guys, had much to deal with this last few months.
I just wanted to say, that I donít see any great rush by Mr Waldron to get on with building anything.
So much time and expense over the land purchase and planning, then so little urgency to crack on with the project.  Not even doing the groundworks or clearance during these quiet months.
It certainly doesnít add up to me.

There are something like 22 conditions on the planning consent document, at least half of which have to be complied with before ANY work can start. To date none of the conditions are met...any reports aiming to demonstrate compliance will be put up on the planning portal.

Rumour has it that Waldron hasnít got funding in place to progress...but that is just a rumour I was told.

DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #287 on: Yesterday at 08:38:58 AM »
I'm sure I remember a news article that said Waldron was seeking investment for the build in London?

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #288 on: Yesterday at 02:47:46 PM »
I'm sure that I read on here that Waldron bought the site with a financial input from another person, so there is no way on earth that he could  fund the building by himself.

Dave

« Reply #289 on: Yesterday at 05:28:10 PM »
I have a feeling nothing will happen on this site for a long time to come. The building cost will be huge, consequently the apartments will be hugely expensive. In the current climate I can't see it going ahead. If I had megabucks I wouldn't want to buy an apartment overlooking the pier below with the constant playing of 1950's pop music, the smell of candy floss and donuts wafting over my sea view balcony. The sounds of the amusement arcade almost as irritating as having my pre dinner drinks and nibbles raided by the gulls. The only way that I can see the plan developing is if they manage to buy the pier and then who knows what. That would be a very dark day for Llandudno's tourism in my opinion.