Author Topic: The Changing Face of Llandudno  (Read 107822 times)

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Changing Face of Llandudno
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2015, 02:23:31 pm »
Fair enough, but how would banning 90% of the clothes tourists wear improve your personal experience on a night out?

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2015, 02:26:22 pm »
Steve

note the

"This trip was courtesy of Destination Conwy."

at the bottom

If someone wants to fund me a trip somewhere I will say nice things about it as well  $good$

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2015, 02:50:54 pm »
Steve
note the
at the bottom
If someone wants to fund me a trip somewhere I will say nice things about it as well  $good$
Ooop's Missed that... :-[   :roll:    but still positive, a very good write up, at least Destination Conwy doing their job.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2015, 03:38:39 pm »
The top restaurants in London don't have a dress code as it's old fashioned!

Oh, but they do. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2015, 04:21:57 pm »

Well the Ivy and the Groucho club don't. The snooze bar thinks itself better than these establishments presumably  L0L

"There is no dress code, so well-tailored couples often rub shoulders with jean-clad rock stars or barely-dressed models picking on their
rocket salad."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/chefs-at-a-listers-favourite-restaurant-the-ivy-1165809

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2015, 05:31:02 pm »
Well the Ivy and the Groucho club don't. The snooze bar thinks itself better than these establishments presumably

Why would you think that?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Jonty Hammers

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2015, 09:07:03 pm »
Hang on now - we're descending in to tit-for-tat; I respectfully submit that that's not what this is for. Of course, the row you're having is fundamentally one about a particular type of clientele in Llandudno and whether or not businesses ought to appeal to them or deny them service based on perceived behaviours; essentially relevant of course, but have the row there, in that territory, and not score points on largely irrelevant arguments.

On a less grumblesome note, great to see the details put to hand, especially on SteveH's part. Slow consensus seems to be that Llandudno is not in fact all that bad but needs to hedge its bets with those nice features it already has. I suppose we're all guilty of banging on about the new things Llandudno needs, but it couldn't go far wrong if it just improved/maintained what it already has.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2015, 09:30:15 pm »
Steve

note the

at the bottom

So will I ....any offers for funds?
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2015, 08:18:23 am »
Slow consensus seems to be that Llandudno is not in fact all that bad but needs to hedge its bets with those nice features it already has.

This is a long-standing concern of Wrex's; Llandudno's location and superb natural features make it a natural destination for those who delight in the natural world, but caring for the place in such a way as to maximise its natural advantages is or should be the priority of CCBC.

I'm still curious, however, about the main thrust of the original argument.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2015, 08:19:33 am »
So will I ....any offers for funds?

The original article didn't identify the reporter so no way to be sure it wasn't simply an advert, I suppose.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2015, 10:14:50 am »
Well the Ivy and the Groucho club don't. The snooze bar thinks itself better than these establishments presumably

Why would you think that?

Because the sign reminds me of the first episode of Fawlty towers 'a touch of class'  ;D

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2015, 10:37:01 am »
Ah! Yes - I can see that.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2015, 02:32:14 pm »
Slow consensus seems to be that Llandudno is not in fact all that bad but needs to hedge its bets with those nice features it already has.

This is a long-standing concern of Wrex's; Llandudno's location and superb natural features make it a natural destination for those who delight in the natural world, but caring for the place in such a way as to maximise its natural advantages is or should be the priority of CCBC.

I'm still curious, however, about the main thrust of the original argument.

Ian, I thought I made my very first post crystal clear, but if not I'll try again.
Firstly, try and repeat your 30 minute survey on the Pier, or in Upper Mostyn St.... not at 9.30 am, but at 6pm in the evening.
Actually, you will need MUCH longer than 30mins to see anything like 282 people to assess at that time, so get yourself a flask and some sandwiches.  Get me?
When you have completed the 282 person survey, I think your stats about ethnic origins will look VERY different.
Another criteria you neglected to put into your survey..... had they bought anything?   Were they here to contribute to the economy in any way?

Born to Run.
Your obsession with the exclusions from The Snooze Bar is spiralling out of control.
I 100% agree with those exclusions, and I know exactly why they did it.
There is a hardcore of 'characters' who used to frequent The Parade, who returned when it re-opened as The Parade again.
When it closed, they moved on to The Queen Vic and Cooney's.      Some then got barred from The Vic.

So, The Snooze re-opened and they drifted back in there.  I'm taking about the sort of folk that are VERY anti-social, and you wouldn't want associated with your newly opened venture.

The Snooze Bar is excellent, stylish and welcoming, but certainly wouldn't be if the 'faces' that I referred to were to take up residency again.
Strangely enough, the crowd I am referring to tend to wear football shirts, and some other items of apparel listed on the sign you refer to!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2015, 04:03:40 pm »
Fester, ............ "you will need MUCH longer than 30mins to see anything like 282 people"       So although visitor numbers are up ?,    you are not seeing them on the pier.?? ....What do you think is wrong.

Not enough marketing, lack of attractions, do people know what is on the pier, is it just a walk and an ice cream ....

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2015, 04:29:14 pm »
Fester, ............ "you will need MUCH longer than 30mins to see anything like 282 people"       So although visitor numbers are up ?,    you are not seeing them on the pier.?? ....What do you think is wrong.

Not enough marketing, lack of attractions, do people know what is on the pier, is it just a walk and an ice cream ....

I don't know what's on the pier, and I'm on here most days! On one of the signs inside the Langtrys or whatever it is called now it says
'Live entertainment every evening' But there is nothing further no schedules, programmes nothing, nothing on the website either, nothing at all expanding on who the entertainment is or indeed what it is. Could be anything from a Jazz band to Badger Baiting for all I know (both equally deplorable by the way  _))*)

Fester, still don't buy it  &shake&. Surely they can just bar those unsavoury characters without making a sign that puts off 90% of potential customers!
Are some of these thugs in baby buggies? Because they have banned those as well as Dogs (against discrimination laws btw as guide dogs should be allowed)