Author Topic: The Changing Face of Llandudno  (Read 79177 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: The Changing Face of Llandudno
« Reply #345 on: August 01, 2021, 03:53:22 PM »
I never saw the incident on TV but I've spoken to a number of people who have and it was showing a boatload of migrants landing in Kent.
Apparently a close up was taken of one migrant and he had an expensive looking watch as well as one of the latest smart phones, add to this the cost of the trip over the Channel and you begin to wonder what is going on.
Asylum seekers?   the migrants are mainly young men so where are the rest of their families?       At best they are mainly economic migrants and I dread to think what the worst scenario is

Offline wally

« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2021, 05:33:18 PM »
Thanks for your reply,Fester. I thought it was probably to do with immigrants ,but I cannot see what the connection is to the Tudno Castle remaining closed.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #347 on: August 05, 2021, 07:03:35 PM »
Thanks for your reply,Fester. I thought it was probably to do with immigrants ,but I cannot see what the connection is to the Tudno Castle remaining closed.

Wally, I think some were expressing the view that the Tudno Castle Hotel could become a place where those arriving as migrants might get housed.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #348 on: August 05, 2021, 07:45:00 PM »
There's a difference between Migrants and Refugees. The UK can return Migrants to the first EU country they reached.  However, refugees might be seeking asylum and that's a more difficult issue.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.