Author Topic: The Changing Face of Llandudno  (Read 107780 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: The Changing Face of Llandudno
« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2020, 11:03:17 am »
This is clever and fun to use..... you can move around the picture, zoom in, change direction etc from GigaPixel Images.

I think it was taken from the Orme, you can even zoom across the estuary and see the tunnels on the A55
See Llandudno all at once.

https://www.gpximages.com/                     Is this a useful link ?   a bit difficult to describe !

Online Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #316 on: March 09, 2020, 04:49:59 pm »
That's a really interesting find Steve and good to play around with      $good$

Offline SteveH

« Reply #317 on: June 20, 2020, 02:54:58 pm »
Makes sense to save costs when they have two businesses so close to one another, hopefully staff can be transferred to the Toolstation
site on Builder Street West.

Three Travis Perkins sites in North Wales on list of 165 set to close
The builders' merchant is closing the store in Llandudno.

The firm - which also owns Toolstation and Wickes - is closing 165 sites with around 2,500 workers to lose their jobs.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/business/business-news/three-travis-perkins-sites-north-18439612

Offline SteveH

« Reply #318 on: July 11, 2020, 02:25:08 pm »
As the day goes on............................

A group of 50 Charadi making their way to West Shore.

Loud music from The Kings head ?

A phone call from a friend ( a very strong and independent lady) who after returning from town, said she was terrified, no social distancing, two face masks other than her own, like a bank holiday, and she would not be returning until things got better.

Someone saying difficult to park in town ?

"           "      Beaches busy ?

Online Hugo

« Reply #319 on: July 11, 2020, 03:15:14 pm »
The town seemed to be getting back to a bit like it used to be before the lockdown.     Most of the people in Mostyn Street didn't wear masks but a lot of people were wearing them
Social distancing could have been a problem and I noticed a few instances of that today but what I did notice is that those incidents were caused by visitors from over the border.    They have been let loose in England and are don't realise what the rules in Wales are.
I had no trouble finding a space to park in Mostyn Street but there weren't that many spaces either.
On my way to the West Shore I drove down Church Walks and saw the Charadi making their way down to the West Shore area and I did wonder whether they were dressed like that because it's their Sabbath today

One thing I would like to say is that if we are welcoming the tourists back albeit under certain conditions we should be providing toilet facilities for everyone.   Another is that face masks indoors should be made compulsory to protect everyone

Online Hugo

« Reply #320 on: August 02, 2020, 08:03:11 pm »
That's where I was born all those years ago and my youngest brother John was also born there.

My most recent memory of the place is when Tony Jones slapped an ice pack on my back after having physiotherapy there, if anyone has had treatment from Tony then they will know how it feels.      A great physio  though    $good$

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/gallery/llandudno-maternity-home-thousands-north-18570409

Offline SteveH

« Reply #321 on: September 09, 2020, 06:54:35 pm »
CASH was snatched when a cafe was broken into.         ref Pioneer

A total of £1,500 was taken overnight during a burglary at Happy Valley cafe in Llandudno.

A spokesperson from North Wales Police Community Safety Central said: “Sometime overnight the shutter was forced open and £1,500 stolen.

Offline SteveH

Re: The Changing Face of Llandudno.....old Xmas photos
« Reply #322 on: December 03, 2020, 10:19:01 am »
Two old photos from Memory Lane.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #323 on: December 27, 2020, 10:06:38 am »
I believe llandudno's success, is in it's Victorian character, and this proves what can be done........

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #324 on: December 27, 2020, 01:52:23 pm »
I believe llandudno's success, is in it's Victorian character, and this proves what can be done........

It's a great pity the Planners didn't take that into account before trying so hard to approve that Monstrosity Waldron is proposing to build on the Pavilion site
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Online Hugo

« Reply #325 on: December 27, 2020, 02:25:17 pm »
Have you heard any more news about the planning application Blongb?    The last posting I can remember was when Adam Williams' QC  successfully challenged the plans.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #326 on: December 27, 2020, 02:48:17 pm »
It's a great pity the Planners didn't take that into account before trying so hard to approve that Monstrosity Waldron is proposing to build on the Pavilion site

At least we have standing proof now, that it can be done.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #327 on: December 29, 2020, 12:47:21 pm »
Have you heard any more news about the planning application Blongb?    The last posting I can remember was when Adam Williams' QC  successfully challenged the plans.

When looking at the Documents on Page 1 for the application of 0/47388
3344671, Council Minutes (Web),  Minutes - 11th November 2020 Planning Committee, both applications were deferred from the agenda.

I expect this was due to the Council seeking their own legal advice as to the legality of Waldron's  latest shenanigans, none of which would benefit Llandudno or more especially the residents and business owners on North Parade.

I have a feeling this could lead  to a very complex High Court battle in which the duplicity of Conwy County Council and ifs Planning Department will be fully exposed. As a Resident that would make me feel elated but as a Rate payer I would be appalled.
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Online Hugo

« Reply #328 on: December 29, 2020, 02:48:09 pm »
Thanks for the update Blongb and I expect that you are correct about the deferment.     

Having seen the Council Planning Committee in action this year I have lost all faith in them completely and it has gone beyond a joke.   I dread to think what they will allow when Anwyl makes its very long awaited planning application on the Penmorfa Hotel site.      &shake&

As for the Pier Pavilion site,  CCBC has not advised Waldron to pay an amount in lieu of not building affordable housing on the site.  The reason I was given was just " it's not viable"
I do believe that the CCBC should be investigated for that and for other planning matters too

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #329 on: December 29, 2020, 10:12:51 pm »
Let's be honest Hugo CCBC needs investigating on a number of issues as well as planning, so much going on with this bunch in charge, I'm dreading the new council tax rise 🤔😡