Author Topic: The Changing Face of Llandudno  (Read 107779 times)

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: The Changing Face of Llandudno
« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2018, 01:05:48 pm »
I went - and bought ten slices of cheese for a tenner and 3 xmas eve boxes for a fiver.
Pretty good value all in all - however if I would have had to pay £4.50 to get in it wouldn't really have been good value at all. Apart from shopping the only thing to do other than shop is walk around listening to Wizzard on their tinny speakers and a load of out of tune kids singing in the tent.

Conwy food festival is a million times better and I hope the Conwy Christmas fair on the 20th December is better as well, can't be much worse!

How did you get in ?  ?   :D    and was it busy ?   

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2018, 04:21:38 pm »
We got in free as we were doing something for a charity - This was about 6.30pm on the Friday - was moderately busy, not packed. The out of tune kids stopped singing about 7.30 and all the stalls closed, seemed a bit early to me. To be fair an hour there was more than enough, can't see many people staying much longer than that.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2018, 05:06:53 pm »
who are the directors and are they paid

Offline SteveH

« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2018, 05:42:59 pm »
who are the directors and are they paid
I believe the directors run the Llandudno Xmas Fayre, the Alice Town trails and Active Terrain ltd, and others

Quote from: Bri Roberts
link=topic=3289.msg106634#msg106634 date=1542460619
I wonder what the connection is between the Llandudno Development Parrnership and the Llandudno Christmas Fayre Community Interest Company?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10470030

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2018, 07:16:05 pm »
One of the directors is also a director of Green Pearl People.

"Green Pearl People is a progressive, dynamic and hands on HR solution provider."

It's always interesting that those running consultancies find ways to put together sentences which actually mean nothing whatsoever.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2018, 08:21:44 pm »
Wrex Barry Mortlock and Eileen Burrows are two names mentioned .

Offline Dave

« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2018, 09:42:33 pm »

"Green Pearl People is a progressive, dynamic and hands on HR solution provider."

It's always interesting that those running consultancies find ways to put together sentences which actually mean nothing whatsoever.

Hands on solutions involving  human resources could be asking for trouble methinks.

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #262 on: November 20, 2018, 06:46:51 am »
As all are buisness people maybe they should take a couple of stalls themselves and make their shortfall that way lol

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: November 20, 2018, 08:34:22 am »

Hands on solutions involving  human resources could be asking for trouble methinks.

Excellent!   ;D ;D ;D
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #264 on: November 21, 2018, 03:17:12 pm »
I passed the old Lifeboat Station in Lloyd  this morning and noticed that the frontage now sports a new large glassed area. ??? Have I missed something ?
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline DVT

• Management board member
« Reply #265 on: November 21, 2018, 07:13:33 pm »
... no doubt someone will look into it !!!

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #266 on: November 21, 2018, 07:44:23 pm »
I passed the old Lifeboat Station in Lloyd  this morning and noticed that the frontage now sports a new large glassed area. ??? Have I missed something ?
Application Number    0/45657
Site Address              Former Llandudno Lifeboat Station Lloyd Street Llandudno LL30 2YG
Application Type        Full
Development Type     NonRes
Proposal                   Approval of matters required by condition 4 of planning permission 0/45450 (Change of use to climbing wall centre( class D2), erection of ancillary store and associated works.)
Existing Land Use      Sui Generis - in a class of their own
Proposed Land Use    Assembly and Leisure - Applies to Buildings
Current Status          FINAL DECISION
Electoral Divisions     Mostyn
Community Councils  Cyngor Tref Llandudno Town Council
Site Co ordinates      Easting 277945 Northing 382117
Case Officer / Tel
Sion Roberts  01492575202   
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline SteveH

« Reply #267 on: November 21, 2018, 08:44:29 pm »
Well done B, and it also sounds like a good idea, I am sure there will be a lot of interest in this venture.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: November 22, 2018, 09:09:34 am »
Indeed.  Good to see some sensible use for the place.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #269 on: November 22, 2018, 04:28:55 pm »
There is a definite divided opinion, over The Llandudno Xmas Fayre, those who gave good revues, and those who believed it to be overpriced and boring, my own opinion is, I wish it were one thing or another, privately run or council, and not a C.I.C. this Fayre could do a lot of good for llandudno if handled correctly.

Ticket price increase sees drop in numbers at Llandudno Christmas Fayre

Despite the decrease in numbers event organiser Barry Mortlock said the event had gone really well and the fayre was “just about perfect”, revealing the ticket price of £4.50 was here to stay.      :o     :o

But Mr Mortlock said there would be no more price increases on tickets over the next few years, just simply staying as is to cover the costs of the event.
He said: “We believe we have created an event that we can be proud of.
“It looks good for the town as well.
“I stood there looking at the event everyday and thought to myself there is not much more we can tweak, I am proud of what we have created.
“It was a really really good event, and we put out questionnaires throughout the course of the weekend and we got back some really positive feedback.”

The event proved popular as queues formed down Mostyn Street to get in and around the Arriva Bus Santa’s grotto to get in.

The wide variety of stalls, entertainment and exhibitions was on show across the four days in and around Trinity Square, a new look set up for the fayre in recent years, showcasing a range of locally based businesses and talent.

Llandudno hospitality association chairperson, Berin Jones, said it was great to see Llandudno so busy over the weekend with the fayre bringing in extra visitors to the area.
Mr Jones said: “This event is seen as the starting point where the town starts turning itself on for Christmas.
“It is always lovely here at Christmas time and the Fayre kicks off the festive season.
“It was a good busy weekend though, and the weather helped make that happen.”

Readers took to social media to give their verdict on the Christmas Fayre and its new entrance fee price.

Marion Kennedy, on the Pioneer Facebook last week, said: “Not paying £4.50 per person entry price. Disgraceful."

While Cat Rogers, on the Llandudno Christmas Fayre’s Facebook page, wrote: “This event is organised every year by private organisers and every year they surpass themselves and make it bigger and better, no one’s pockets are being lined by the entrance fee.

“The entrance fee goes back into everything you see in the fair, church fees, entertainment, wages, electric, cost of cabins and marquee’s not to mention the business and people it brings to our beautiful town, helps out local shops and hotels.

“If you have a problem with the cost maybe you should bring it up with the council for not providing a free fayre and stop moaning and bad mouthing people who work tirelessly to start off Christmas in our little town.”  ref Pioneer