Author Topic: Heath House Hotel  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Bellyfloptv

Heath House Hotel
« on: May 29, 2015, 10:32:08 am »
Hello, does anyone have any memories or photos of the Heath House Hotel in Deganwy, bulldozed about 1996 I believe. It was next to the Deganwy Castle Hotel.

Diolch yn fawr

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
Re: Heath House Hotel
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 11:15:31 am »
In the mid 1980's I remember two chaps taking on this hotel. The one's name was Harry Trotman I think, but the other one I can only remember the Christian name as Peter. (On second thoughts maybe Lazarus).
They had an item in the local paper, the North Wales Weekly News, running a competition open to the readers, to re-name the hotel. I think the winning name was 'The Garrick' because of a local connection.

I further seem to think the two men were ex/retired London ambulance personnel.

Offline DdraigGoch

Re: Heath House Hotel
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 06:45:42 pm »
I stayed at the Heath House Hotel on at least 2 occasions as a child in the early to mid 70's. I believe that the people who owned the Hotel at that time were Mr & Mrs Sullivan or O'Sullivan. The Hotel was known as The Heath House Family Hotel and the O'Sullivan's were very good to us kids. Mrs O' Sullivan allowed children to help set the tables before meal times and bang the dinner gong, (although I'm sure it would have been a lot less hassle to lay the tables herself). I can remember Mr O'Sullivan smiling behind the bar one night watching my siblings and me clearing out his one armed bandit, (it was stuck on a winning line). When we weren't out exploring the coast or interior I'm sure our behaviour around the place with the other kids staying there was sometimes bordering on the riotous. Nice people and good memories of this fabulous piece of the world.

I may have some digitised cine film of the exterior of the hotel, if I can get screen dumps of it I'll post a few photos.