Author Topic: Internet Trolls  (Read 19364 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Internet Trolls
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2016, 10:46:43 am »
Mike?
It is the same person, it's only one person, and it's not one of the ex Forum members.
It's not someone who is nice to your face, then abusing you from behind a keyboard.
It's just a sad case who has done this on other forums in the past.
He's well known, for this type of brainless anti social behaviour and if he thinks he has affected you in any way, he'll be rubbing his hands (or another part of his anatomy)
I had no idea he was stil messaging you.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2016, 10:53:07 am »
That's a bit akin to letting the football yobs stop you attending matches. But I do agree that social media has become an unpleasant playground for the mentally inadequate and mentally ill. It's always been a sad fact in society that a vociferous minority can spoil things for the great majority.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2016, 11:30:36 am »
Mike, I was very sorry to read your post and hope that you'll reconsider what you have said about posting on the forum.   I've enjoyed reading your postings and you've got a wealth of knowledge that positively contributes to the forum and I just hope it continues.     
We've had some lovely chats when I've seen you on the Golf Course and seen how your acts of kindness have been shown to the many golfers who visit your course.
Because someone is held in high regard by others this shouldn't make them a target for abuse by a socially inept troll and no one should have to put up with that.

It might be Christmas but this troll has shown no consideration to you at all so I'm going to post the link again that I posted for Fester and you should seriously think about contacting them.
http://www.north-wales.police.uk/advice-and-support/cyber-crime/cyber-bullying.aspx

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2016, 11:45:39 am »
No need to contact anyone Hugo,  its better to simply get him sorted.
Fester...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2016, 12:12:01 pm »
Very tempting Fester,    *punch*      but let the Police get their hands dirty, that's what the legislation was for.    Instead of knuckle sandwiches he can eat in one of HM's canteens and reflect on his actions.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2016, 12:22:34 pm »
Very tempting Fester,    *punch*      but let the Police get their hands dirty, that's what the legislation was for.    Instead of knuckle sandwiches he can eat in one of HM's canteens and reflect on his actions.

I wasn't insinuating any violence Hugo, as I've said previously.
He might be deserving of it, but I can't be seen to openly advocate that course of action.
Suffice to say, it's getting sorted.
Fester...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2016, 12:35:57 pm »
Just a tongue in cheek comment Fester,  you don't have to stoop to their level, but I'm glad that it's being sorted.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2016, 03:32:20 pm »
I think we'd be happy to have you name and identify him.

With 'trolls', they are only able to continue their unpleasant practices behind a veil of anonymity, it's the only way they can exist. Take away that veil, expose them to the light and they fade and die. Let every one know who they are and they cannot exist, exposure is the silver bullet.

'Policing' requires both the consent and help of society, sometimes society can help by policing itself.

As in this case, by simply exposing the offender.

No 'allegations' can be made by the troll, as could be following a personal encounter and everyone except the troll can relax and enjoy the festive season. The troll can worry that that everyone now knows who, and what, he is.

Happy Christmas.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2016, 08:55:53 am »
O k. I'll still post if I read something in the forum and I think I can make a sensible contribution. But I won't be starting any new threads for a while until mr troll either gives up or disappears from the scene. I wouldn't mind betting that this post will get him/going. I an just imagine his response. " bad news. Golfie ( that's what he calls me) is threatening to carry on publishing stupid rubbish about what he has done in his boring past etc etc" o.k. Mr troll. Should I be your. Ghost writer?

Offline Hugo

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2016, 10:38:33 am »
Thanks Mike, it's good to see you posting on here.  A Merry Christmas to you and a Happy and Healthy New Year.        $good$

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2016, 10:21:28 pm »
Glad to see you you are not giving in to the idiot Mike, hope all members had a nice xmas and hope you all the very best for the New Year. There will always be some nutter out there hoping they can bring people down, the way to beat them is to do what you,r doing Mike ignore them after all you,r better than them

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2016, 09:40:48 am »
O k. I'll still post if I read something in the forum and I think I can make a sensible contribution. But I won't be starting any new threads for a while until mr troll either gives up or disappears from the scene. I wouldn't mind betting that this post will get him/going. I an just imagine his response. " bad news. Golfie ( that's what he calls me) is threatening to carry on publishing stupid rubbish about what he has done in his boring past etc etc" o.k. Mr troll. Should I be your. Ghost writer?
Fester knows exactly who the troll is, so I wouldn't worry, Mike. The troll is just jealous, of course, because you have led a far more interesting life than he.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2017, 05:34:24 pm »
Just an update on this subject for the few people who are interested (or involved)
When I became aware of who the troll was, and what he was, I knew it would be easy to track down his address.   You have to snuff these anti social types out you see.

But silly me, because I was working so hard (something he hasn't done for almost 30 years) I left it too long.
He has moved around quite a bit, getting evicted from various bedsits and flats in the Llandudno post code.
However it's a small town, and people are helpful, especially against people as nauseating as he.
I spoke with a previous landlord of his, and a very recent landlady.  They were delighted to be rid of him due to several 'behaviours' that were unacceptable to them and other tenants.
It was quite an eye opener.
Also, chatting to a couple of ex house-mates (or 'roomies') of his gave me enough information for where to go next. 
Don't forget, I already knew his name and background, so all I was after was a current address.
Conwy Housing Association were quite helpful too, but I had to go through more 'official' channels for that.
Let's just say that I hope he doesn't need to fall back on them for help anytime soon.
He's used a few aliases and fake online ID 's , but when you're relying on benefits such as DLA, then you are required to give your real name for everything, including housing.

Now,that takes me to Twitter.  I got a few notifications of troll messages on there. So I became intrigued.
I'm rubbish on Twitter, so useless in fact, that when I decided to answer back on there, I was actually broadcasting it to about 460 customers of mine who must have been pretty confused about what they were seeing.  So I gave up on that.
But what I did notice whilst I was on there was other people engaging with him.
Some were giving him hassle, others seemed to be receiving it from him, I'm not quite sure.
Some made sense, other stuff didn't.
But what became apparent was how many people out there know him, know of him, and know about his past.  I gleaned a bit of information that I didn't know, and confirmed much that I did.

As of today, I still haven't paid him an 'official visit', yet! That's  because he's been on the move again and is in the process of settiling in a new flat.
What he has consistently failed to realise is that this area is quite close knit, people (especially Landlords) keep tabs on problem tenants and liaise with each other.  That applies all over North Wales it seems.  That's how I managed to get my new information.

It also goes to show that if you are disliked as badly as he has made himself, then people want to see you get what's coming to you.  They're only too ready to help and sometimes it only costs you a friendly pint!

Fester...

Offline Hugo

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2017, 05:07:43 pm »
Accommodation may soon be the least of his problems

In October the Government announced measures to increase the maximum sentence for trolls who are convicted under the Malicious Communications Act from six months to two years and extend the time limit for prosecutions under Section 127 to three years from the commission of offence.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2017, 05:21:16 pm »
Accommodation may soon be the least of his problems

In October the Government announced measures to increase the maximum sentence for trolls who are convicted under the Malicious Communications Act from six months to two years and extend the time limit for prosecutions under Section 127 to three years from the commission of offence.

True Hugo,
It's also a criminal offence now to impersonate a real person on the internet, which he is guilty of and will be getting confronted with quite soon apparently, (or so I've been told).
I never hold my breath on things that get promised to me on that fron though.

Fester...