Author Topic: Internet Trolls  (Read 19359 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Internet Trolls
« on: April 23, 2015, 10:58:57 am »
I never realised the extent of the social media obsession in this area, until my pet Internet troll started to have a pop at me.

My main internet usage has always been this Forum, and I used to check in on Oscar from time to time..
I have never bothered with Facebook, (too much hassle), and I opened a Twitter account but rarely used it. (Don't understand it to be honest).
I contribute to 3 other Forums, but they are international ones, not local.

But now, I am told that 'Fester', sometimes using the same avatar as on this Forum, is ''contributing'' to several local blogs and Forums that I have never even seen!     Not sure what ''I'' am supposed to be saying on them, but I'm certain it's designed to cause grief for someone.

So, other than seeing 'Fester' on here, feel free to ignore any comments you see, supposedly being posted by me.
Or don't... it's up to you.... but I assure you it ain't me typing!

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Internet Trolls
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 11:31:46 am »
Amazing, please inform your Troll that this is the only Forum worth contributing to.  :laugh:

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 12:13:53 pm »
As I've said before there's only one Fester

and that's one too many  D)

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 12:32:44 pm »
I did not think there were any other local forums?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 07:45:34 pm »
Been there Fester...................got the T. Shirt as well !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 10:10:25 pm »
Had a few beers tonight, a nice night around town wouldn't you agree?   Z**

But when I got home, I found a message from 1 of my 3 fellow Mods on the Motorhead Forum telling me that my Troll had been very active over the last day or so.    Plus another message from another local Blog owner saying the same.

Its great, because as soon my Troll opens a new 'profile', it gets zapped by any one of three people who see it.
There is a 1 in 3 chance I get to see the the new 'avatar', (it takes about 25 minutes to create one)... and it takes me or a colleague, about 5 seconds to make it vanish!!   :laugh: :laugh:
Tonight, apparently he spent all that time creating a profile, and got banned before ever making a post.. ha ha.  :laugh: :laugh:

So, over the last month or so, I reckon that this sad individual has spent about 3 full days out of his entire life obsessing about me enough to write about me (and apparently to me),  just how sad is that??

Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 11:17:53 pm »
I can't understand why they bother? What is their motive? Or have they escaped from an asylum?
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 12:09:50 pm »
I'm not having it!

No way on earth have a bunch of Motorhead fans got the capacity to create and engage in a forum  >>>

What must that look like?

TOPIC

*News - Motorhead release another song - fear not it sounds like all the others!
Lemmy cancels 2458 tour dates
Guitarist reveals fifth chord almost found after 40 years of searching

:laugh:

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 12:37:59 pm »
I'm not having it!

No way on earth have a bunch of Motorhead fans got the capacity to create and engage in a forum  >>>

What must that look like?

TOPIC

*News - Motorhead release another song - fear not it sounds like all the others!
Lemmy cancels 2458 tour dates
Guitarist reveals fifth chord almost found after 40 years of searching

:laugh:

That's a very fair summary of it to be fair, B2R.
Which makes it even FUNNIER that my Pet Troll chooses to slag me off on there.

You see no one ever reads it, and as a Mod, the software notifies us of any new memberships.  It's then the easiest thing in the world to delete him.

Now, at least if he trolled me on here, or on local Blogs, there would be at least 17 people see it on a weekly basis, of which 4 might know who I am, and be mildly interested.     :laugh: :laugh:
Fester...

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 09:45:56 pm »
you should offer to send him/her some cream fester, vanishing cream

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 09:15:21 am »
I can't understand why they bother? What is their motive? Or have they escaped from an asylum?
It is very strange. Why spend so much time on constant negativity? Some of these people must spend all day doing nothing but complaining about other people online.  &shake&

I'm always gratified to see how few posts there are on here at weekends. Why? Because it means all the Forum members are out in the real world enjoying themselves.  $good$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2015, 11:16:27 am »
It's just so sad for someone to waste their time on such negativity,  sadder still that they are so called adults.   Life's too short to waste time in such a manner.         &shake&

Offline cygnusx-1

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 02:39:14 pm »
Well...... I am wound up in an amazing state....about all this.

The three times I saw Lemmy etc 1979/80/81.....whilst the musical complexity may have been lacking you could not fault the energy of the shows(and one of those tours had Girlschool as support :P)

Some people make a full time job of slagging sites off and various members on those sites......but in general I have found people across the world more positive than negative. I have had people from the far East offering silly money for original tickets for gigs from the 1970/80s to add to their collections.(£60.00 for a £3.20 show ticket but I was not tempted).......must get back to the Steve Hillage album now for peace and love.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 10:35:52 pm »
Thank you Cygnus, well for my part, I'm no 'Fly By Night', indeed I'm just a 'Working Man' ...  and I say of my own 'Freewill', that Motorhead have always been 'Closer To The Heart'    D) :laugh: $elvis$ D)
Fester...

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 01:20:01 pm »
Nice to see that my pet Troll returned last night.

He's had a few weeks 'enforced' lay off.

Now the pathetic soul is back, as usual wishing me dead, a few personal insults etc... and he is very upset about my 'Changing Face of Llandudno' thread.

Nice to see you back Saddo!  ;D :P
Fester...