Author Topic: Looking for photos of old pubs in late 70s and 80s  (Read 6887 times)

Offline SAJ

• Management board member
Re: Looking for photos of old pubs in late 70s and 80s
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2021, 07:01:03 pm »
I’m pretty sure this is the Labour Club and features my Nain, Alice Thomas of Cwm Place and I think, a friend named Tommy. Not sure when it was taken though.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2021, 07:21:41 pm »
Yes, shnugs.  It is the right location but the Madoc Labour & Social Club is now the Buffs' Club.

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2021, 07:24:00 pm »
Looks like a young Tommy Lane ?

Offline shnugs

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 07:52:49 am »
Thanks for your help  $thanx$, Yes I remember the stalls where I had to sit when the bingo was on quiet with a sneaky sip of Mackeson stout and the little D.I.Y cheese and pickel pack from the bar , not to say a word in fear of death from the hairnet brigade, My Gran was a stalwart of the club . Yes I remember the Lanes nice people. Also seen the new club there. again thanks.
welsh and proud even though far away.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2021, 06:39:03 pm »
I’m pretty sure this is the Labour Club and features my Nain, Alice Thomas of Cwm Place and I think, a friend named Tommy. Not sure when it was taken though.

It was lovely to see a photo of Nain Thomas as everyone called her.     Your Taid John and my Taid Samuel were friends and next door neighbours at Penmorfa Cottages West Shore and also when they moved to Cwm Place
I'm not sure of the date of the photo but it was before 1936 as that was the year that the cottages were demolished. 

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2021, 08:59:24 pm »
Great pic Hugo, Peggy's just said he looks like Robert.

Offline SAJ

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2021, 07:56:04 pm »
It is a great photo and thanks to Hugo for posting it. It’s the best one I have of my Taid who died before I was born. My daughter had it printed onto a block and here they are, still neighbours chatting away in my living room.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2021, 11:39:23 am »
That was a lovely and thoughtful idea of your daughter's       $good$         I'm lucky and old enough to remember the Thomas family very well and what a nice family they were