Author Topic: Looking for photos of old pubs in late 70s and 80s  (Read 6886 times)

Offline Stateside

Looking for photos of old pubs in late 70s and 80s
« on: April 14, 2015, 06:09:40 am »
Checked some of the gallery. Particularly looking for interior shots - hoping for a nostalgia kick perhaps I will see people I used to know.

Anything from the Gresham, Tiffany's, plumes and especially the oak. As I said if anyone has an interior shots of us all quaffing ale from those days I'd love to see them.

Many thanks.

Offline Stateside

Re: Looking for photos of old pubs in late 70s and 80s
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 06:12:10 am »
Any pubs will do though. I used to frequent them all. Washington, old hall, cross keys, Carlton, central in the bay, imperial, Kayleigh in rhos, even the s***e that was the Neville.

Offline suepp

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 04:10:36 pm »
Hi, there are some pictures of the inside of the Neville recently posted on the Facebook page "You know you are from Llandudno when...." hope this helps

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 09:54:19 am »
There have been some really interesting aerial shots of Llandudno from mid to late eighties put on the facebook page Suepp mentions above.

Offline Stateside

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 06:40:25 am »
Jeepers. I spent two hours going back down the timeline and only got to February of this year.

Huge nostalgia!

I do know the admin here, who may may not remember myself. Ralph, my friend, you sold me cheap video game cassettes in the 80s. About ten years later I produced video game shows like Gamesmaster and games world, BBC's reactive and many other more famous shows like jay Leno and Keenan ivory wayans.

Mr Ralph was always a decent although overly cocky sod whom I liked very much.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 08:45:55 am »
JI do know the admin here, who may may not remember myself. Ralph, my friend, you sold me cheap video game cassettes in the 80s. About ten years later I produced video game shows like Gamesmaster and games world, BBC's reactive and many other more famous shows like jay Leno and Keenan ivory wayans.

Mr Ralph was always a decent although overly cocky sod whom I liked very much.
You're thinking of a different Ian, I think. Ours is not Mr. Ralph.  ZXZ

Offline Stateside

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 12:01:12 pm »
Is that right? Then I apologise.

I believe this is the man I remember. nether way he was a good chap.

Offline Stateside

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 12:04:55 pm »
Alright dave, now I'm confused. Because this my man Ralph.

Maybe there's huge politics going on here - with all respect I think I'm right. Feel free to delete if I'm over stepping my bounds.

Family owned a hotel down the road from smaller john bright.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 12:28:25 pm »
No, you're fine, I can see where your confusion might stem from. We have no connection whatsoever with either the forum or the individuals mentioned in that last photo. The Forum mentioned in that article was the 'Llandudno Local' forum, this is the 'Three Towns Forum'.

Offline Stateside

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 01:44:24 pm »
Okay mate. Not to labor the point but if you search for "Llandudno local" google the first result is this very forum which says in its optimization

"threetownsforum.co.uk/ The Forum was born out of the old Llandudno Local forum"

Don't know about the politics. Don't care. Just a heads up.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 01:48:19 pm »
Oh, I see what you mean. No, the old Llandudno Local Forum ceased to exist, so this one rose from the ashes as we thought it provided a useful community facility.

Offline Stateside

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 01:52:18 pm »
Understood.

Either way I'm an old school Llandudno chap now residing in the desolate areas of Amish country in Pennsylvania and really do appreciate the efforts you guys are putting in so us displaced folks in other countries or other parts of the UK can enjoy reminiscing of times gone by.

Appreciate it.

And there's no greasy lils nearby here!

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2015, 01:54:58 pm »
You're welcome!

And there's no greasy lils nearby here!

Now, that's a name from the past. The chip shop in the road behind Madoc Street?

Offline Stateside

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 02:09:47 pm »
Indeed. Just off Augusta st. I used to live in the flats on trinity ave when the downstairs was a fish shop and a toy store. Matchbox or something. The windows had stained glass with the toy manufacturer. Must have been around 1971.

Lost many a toy on the verandah - I guess it was "trinity buildings"?

(Just checked google street view)

Well bloody hell... Look at that!

Offline shnugs

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2021, 03:38:04 pm »
Does anyone have a photo or something of the old Labour club in Madoc street, my gran drank there 60s and 7os, she was like Ena sharples , closed in the 80s i think was between the Albert and Davis the Jews shop... thanks  :)
welsh and proud even though far away.