Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 27007 times)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Postal Deliveries
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2012, 12:53:39 pm »
Yes, it's odd how these 'alterations to service' always seem to result in a decline in service.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »
Yes, I had the letter too and my post seems to be arriving later. 

Offline majormellons

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2012, 01:10:26 pm »
The posties are being given trolleys so they can do their rounds quicker. This also means that they can carry more post.
This will mean, fewer postmen doing bigger rounds, so later deliveries for a lot of people.
No more bikes either.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2012, 03:01:50 pm »
Our post has been as late as 4pm some days. Not much good for a business when the collection from the nearest post box  is about the same time !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline poppy

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »
The postal service down south delivers more junk mail than post. I regularly get latest offers from pizza houses, Currys, lidl etc being delivered by the postie. I stick it all back in the postbox for someone else to waste their time recycling the rubbish.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2012, 06:18:28 pm »
The postal service down south delivers more junk mail than post. I regularly get latest offers from pizza houses, Currys, lidl etc being delivered by the postie. I stick it all back in the postbox for someone else to waste their time recycling the rubbish.

Such mail has been paid for and helps to keep our postal services operating.  Your action is just creating more work - and cost - must make you feel great. WWW

If you don't want such mail you can opt out the same as you can with the Mail Preference Service.  The Royal Mail web site will give you contact details.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline poppy

Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2012, 10:01:40 pm »
Im glad I'm keeping people in work and fuelling the economy.  $thanx$

Majority of people put these items straight in the recycling bin. I did not subscribe to junk mail so I shouldn't receive it.

I suppose opting out of junk mail will be like choosing to not receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls via the telephone, pointless.
 >>>

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »
About as pointless as an inflatable dartboard, Poppy!  :laugh:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2016, 02:28:13 pm »
For ages now a weekly classic car newspaper has been delivered on a Wednesday, then last Wednesday no post at all. On Thursday it arrived with a lot of other post, I joked to the postman that it felt like they were storing it until there was enough to deliver. To my amazement he said that was exactly what was happening as a lot of working hours had been cut! Wednesday is here again and no post arrives! I thought it was illegal to delay Her Majesty's Royal Mail? Does that not apply to themselves?  &shake&

A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2016, 02:48:03 pm »
For ages now a weekly classic car newspaper has been delivered on a Wednesday, then last Wednesday no post at all. On Thursday it arrived with a lot of other post, I joked to the postman that it felt like they were storing it until there was enough to deliver. To my amazement he said that was exactly what was happening as a lot of working hours had been cut! Wednesday is here again and no post arrives! I thought it was illegal to delay Her Majesty's Royal Mail? Does that not apply to themselves?  &shake&

Interesting ME, I too got quite a stack of mail (mostly political garbage) yesterday, and nothing today!
So that's what's going on is it?
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2016, 03:11:03 pm »
And the joys of privatisation continue unabated...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2016, 03:45:48 pm »
Same thing here, piles of rubbish one day, then nothing for 2 or 3 days. Still waiting for news of a lost parcel from 6 weeks ago !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2016, 05:25:20 pm »
Just had the post delivered at 5.15pm (minus the usual weekly car newspaper) it seems a couple of people are off sick, this will be the Colwyn Bay sorting office.
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
Re: Royal Mail...................Changes from 06 April
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2020, 11:05:09 am »
From Monday, April 6, Royal Mail will be making changes to delivery office depot opening and closing hours, as well as deliveries.

The new changes have been put in place to ensure the safest and most reliable service for its customers nationwide.

It follows additional measures put into place on March 24, which include "only one person being allowed in a Royal Mail delivery vehicle at any one time", and an emphasis on postal workers washing their when leaving and entering any Royal Mail buildings.

To minimise contact, a customer signature is no longer required, and packages that are too big to be posted through the letterbox will be left outside the door, our sister title the Liverpool Echo reports.

Here are the stricter guidelines coming into force next week, as stated on the Royal Mail website:

cont   + video   https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/royal-mail-announces-changes-post-18037979

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2022, 02:07:10 pm »
Royal Mail has announced plans to ban traditional stamps as they’re set to be replaced by a new barcode stamp system.

The postal service could also charge people up to £3.50 to receive their post after the ban.
Any parcels or letters with traditional stamps on them after the ban is in place will be left at sorting offices with a “surcharge” added.

People who receive items with the old stamps will receive a “fee to pay” card and be told to collect them from a sorting office.
This extra cost stands at £2 a letter or £3.50 for a small parcel.

Royal Mail said: “Non-barcoded stamps will remain usable until January 31, 2023.

cont https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/royal-mail-ban-traditional-stamps-23007251