Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 28550 times)

Yorkie

Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2010, 01:51:44 pm »
Why don't you get your Statement on line, most companies do it now.   In fact you can check your exact balance every day if you wish.  Couple this with Internet Banking and you don't need the Mailman any more!
 ;D

Offline Welshmaid

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2010, 02:36:44 pm »
No post delivered today for us in Rhos on Sea, or for friends in the surrounding roads, for the second day running.  So that means nothing will be delivered  until 3rd January.   A letter sent recorded delivery before 14 December has still not arrived.   

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2010, 04:29:08 pm »
As I mentioned in the posting I've only just taken on this new credit card so had  not been able to register for the on-line statement. I'm now registered but I thought I'd pass on the my experiences anyway.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2010, 05:54:05 pm »
As I mentioned in the posting I've only just taken on this new credit card so had  not been able to register for the on-line statement. I'm now registered but I thought I'd pass on the my experiences anyway.

Hmmm,  and the money it costs per minute to reason with these companies... hassle,  all hassle....  and stress...  and expense!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2010, 06:15:10 pm »
No post delivered today for us in Rhos on Sea, or for friends in the surrounding roads, for the second day running.  So that means nothing will be delivered  until 3rd January.   A letter sent recorded delivery before 14 December has still not arrived.    

Sorry to report there will be no collections or deliveries on 3rd January as it is a Public Holiday.

The next day for a delivery of post is next Tuesday, 4th January 2011.

Offline norman08

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2010, 08:00:25 pm »
 nice little earner at the sorting office  all the cards/pacels not enough charge [stamps ] so they stick £1 handling charge  and  royal mail wonder why folks going elsewhere

Yorkie

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2010, 08:05:33 pm »
Where does the £1 go?  'Cos you don't get a receipt!      L0L

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
Putting Conwy on the mail
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2010, 09:10:24 pm »
A few years ago I sent a letter to Buckingham Palace asking the Queen to send my Mom and Dad a congratulations Card for their Diamond Wedding Anniversary.

Back came the appropriate form for me to fill in requesting their full details which included the address the card should be sent too, which I did.

A few days later I received another letter from the Palace asking me for their correct address. My sin was to assume because their house was in Llandudno they actually lived in Conwy County, which for some years now has actually been a political reality.

No said the Palace your correct postal address is Gwynedd not Conwy. But they don’t live in Gwynedd say’s I. It doesn’t matter said the Palace put Gwynedd as their address anyway.

Can anyone explain why we have to put Gwynedd on our address, when we all know we don’t live there? It’s not as if there is a massive Post Office sorting office lurking in that lovely part of North Wales is it, as all LL30 mail is sorted over the boarder in Chester.

Do you think it’s worth starting a petition to put CONWY on the post, where it rightly belongs?
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
Re: Putting Conwy on the mail
« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2010, 09:17:51 pm »
I never bother with the County, just put the Town and then Postcode on the letter. It's amazing how many mail databases are still hopelessly out of date after so many years.

Yorkie

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2010, 09:28:04 pm »
Just what the Royal Mail recommend.  Leave the County OFF and just use the post code.

In fact if you put the house name or number followed by the Post Code the item will be delivered.  That is all that is used for transmission and delivery.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2011, 04:42:53 am »
Yorkie, what are you suggesting?

Yorkie

« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2011, 08:02:38 am »
Nuffin' Guvnor, 'onest!

I feel a FoI request coming on!

Offline Hugo

« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2011, 06:14:02 pm »
Don't worry Blongb, I stilll get Clwyd as my county when I deal with certain companies.   The post code will sort the post out for delivery.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2011, 12:47:26 am »
OK I’ll concede the post, but what about the myriad of other forms of address you have to fill in, especially online forms. Don’t you think its about time Conwy was included?   
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
Postal Deliveries
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2012, 12:33:31 pm »
Have any of you had a letter from the Royal Mail regarding new delivery arrangements?

Our postman has been moved to the West Shore and a new young chap has inherited us on top of his usual round.  I've seen two post men pushing a little box on wheels as they now have so much to deliver and our post is now arriving by 3.00p.m.  Hope that they are getting paid overtime.

In the GPO the other day the harradan behind the counter kept snarling at me that they couldn't guarantee delivery because I insisted on first class for a parcel I was sending.  Ho hum nice times we live in.