Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 27067 times)

Offline Micox

• Ad Free Member
  • zooooooooot
    • family history
Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2010, 03:48:41 pm »
 :o I'm absolutely amazed by the PO issue there but it explains why Clive was sitting fuming with flames coming out of the top of his head when I spoke to him on Skype just before Xmas. He went on and on about not seeing the post for at least a week in Glan Conwy.

I live in the wilds of rural Norfolk in a little village four miles from the nearest small town not much bigger than us. When we were in the direct howl of the north easterly snow blasting winds from Siberia our postman (Jason) was bang on time at 11am everyday without fail, ice and snow bound unclassified roads notwithstanding. We fought and so far have won to keep our village post office and are looking to turn the PO shop into a Community Interest Company run by the village. The post office is wonderful here.  :P :P :P :P :P :P 
Micox

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2010, 07:46:14 pm »
Thanks for that. Shall have to find some way of sea-gull and cat proofing any extra bags.

Hi Nemesis,
Strange things are happening, because despite the website statement, the bins on the Gt Orme HAVE now been emptied.... either today, or maybe the 24th because we have been away since Xmas eve morning.   
I reckon it was still too dangerous to get up here on the 24th though.
No excuse for your bins not being emptied...
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2010, 07:50:13 pm »
Bins emptied and 3 separate vans full of parcel deliveries from the Post Office up the Orme on the 24th.

Offline Dave

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2010, 09:44:21 pm »
Well we had the bin emptied on the 24th but still no post. Our Christmas cards will probably go directly in to the recycle bin by the time we get them !
Do I tip the postie is now the question !!!

Offline Sara

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2010, 10:06:40 pm »
They were only delivering parcels Christmas Eve, ie, Amazon, HMV etc. Apparently they had a lot of post in that morning, more than they were expecting. I suppose we'll get it Wednesday. Our bins, food waste and cardboard recycling were collected Xmas Eve, our normal day.

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2010, 12:11:50 pm »
Still nothing here in either direction. No post, no ordinary bins and no trade waste.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2010, 02:02:57 pm »
No post in our part of Conwy either.

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2010, 02:05:48 pm »
Don't actually think Royal mail are operational at all. The depot looked deserted this am. It is officially a Bank Holiday, so the post wouldn't be delivered anyway.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2010, 02:23:31 pm »
Services over Christmas & New Year

There will be no collections or deliveries of mail on 25th 26th, 27th and 28th December.

Services will resume on Wednesday 29th December.

Christmas Eve Normal deliveries. Saturday time collections from posting boxes and Post Office® branches. Business collections by prior arrangement only

Christmas Day  No deliveries or collections

Sun 26th to Tues 28th No deliveries or collections

Wed 29th & Thurs 30th Normal services

New Years Eve Normal deliveries. Saturday time collections from posting boxes and Post Office® branches. Business collections by prior arrangement only

New Year's Day No deliveries or collections

Sun 2nd & Mon 3rd Jan No deliveries or collections

Tues 4th Jan 2011 Normal deliveries and collections except in Scotland where there will be no services

Online Hugo

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2010, 03:57:02 pm »
Weather permitting Bri.        ;)

Offline Paddy

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2010, 06:14:49 pm »
On the plus side, we can all have another Christmas in January when our presents arrive!

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2010, 06:19:14 pm »
Post arrived today--one from the Inland Revenue  :o and a few cards
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 06:20:54 pm by Nemesis »

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2010, 07:34:39 pm »
Lucky you, we have had nothing at all since a week last Thursday.  I did catch sight further down the road, of what I thought was a postman but then again they seem to have become extinct round here so I couldn't be sure.

It was our recycling collection due day today - our glass and cans box was emptied OK along with our papers. We had been told not to put garden waste out but there would be a collection of cardboard. What happened? - well nothing actually and as the cardboard was still outside the gate at dusk, I brought it in and will probably resort to taking it to Mochdre.

Oh wouldn't life be good if people did what they said they were going to do, when they said they would do it!!

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2010, 11:01:06 am »
We had post today, the first for a fortnight.

Well from here on it should only get better. shouldn't it???

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2010, 12:54:57 pm »
Received a credit card bill yesterday (my first one from a new card company so I didn't know when the due date should have been) with a payment due date of yesterday and hence no time to pay it. I spent 25 minutes on the phone to get through and explain my situation logically (shout at them!) and eventually they agreed to refund the £12 late/no  payment fee. When I asked why it had taken 25 minutes to get through apparently they have been having thousands of calls from people with the same issue. Always worth a phone call and a rant. Do not accept late payment charges if it was due to late delivery of the statement.