Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 27022 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Royal Mail
« on: December 20, 2010, 08:54:40 am »
It has just been announced on Tudno FM that there are to be no mail deliveries today in Llandudno, the Junction and other local areas.
Items may be collected from the Maedu depot
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 09:05:58 am »
Thanks for that, Nemesis.  Haven't seen a mail delivery van for four days :-)))
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 10:10:43 am »
My paperboy has managed to deliver my newspapers Saturday, Sunday and this morning no later than he normally delivers.

I also saw the milkman delievering as usual on Liddell Park at 3.30am this morning.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:17:29 am by Bri Roberts »

Offline Hugo

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 11:49:02 am »
I've just come back from the shop/ Post office at Colwyn Heights and the mail in the pillar box outside the shop is level with the letter box opening. Apparently the post hasn't been collected for four days and there are other sacks of mail in the Post Office awaiting collection.
4 X 4 vehicles are going up Wentworth Avenue and I would have thought that the Post Office would have at least one 4 X 4 vehicle that can pick up the mail,

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 11:55:07 am »
I visted Deganwy Post Office this morning. The mail is still there from Friday afternoon, including all the Special Delivery Items. Friday evening was very bad, but the main roads were cleared on Saturday, so you would have thought they could have collected from those Post Offices on the main roads.

They also haven't received there secure delivery of money or stock from Post Office Ltd. Which means due to the limited amount of money allowed to be held that they could be running out of money within a couple of days.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:54:19 pm »
I've seen letter boxes being emptied in Llandudno this morning, so things may be moving again.

Offline Jack

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 04:23:35 pm »
Our postman, Dryden, delivered to us in central Llandudno at lunch time and as usual he was wearing his shorts!

Offline JasonW

• Jason Weyman Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 05:15:32 pm »
Royal Mail - Disruption to delivery services
Llandudno sorting office are ONLY delivering to the main roads that have been gritted for the remainder of this week. However customers are able to collect any goods from the sorting office as long as they take a VALID FORM OF IDENTIFICATION with them.

Recieved the above this afternoon via the Council Postmaster system.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 12:32:53 am »
So exactly WHERE is this mysterious collection point for my mail?

My road won't have thawed out until Easter,  so I had better set off with my passport.

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 12:43:50 am »
Now that's commitment.
If your reading this Drydon, I promise I'm joking mate  _))*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 08:25:43 am »
The town centre had a delivery yesterday, so my OH rang Maesdu Road this am. The managers are looking at the situation this a.m, but the latest is no deliveries at the moment to areas that haven't been treated. -- 2010?

Offline Sara

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2010, 08:43:16 am »
So if we take I.D we can go to the depot and ask to collect mail for our address?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 09:19:41 am »
Royal Mail - Disruption to delivery services
Llandudno sorting office are ONLY delivering to the main roads that have been gritted for the remainder of this week. However customers are able to collect any goods from the sorting office as long as they take a VALID FORM OF IDENTIFICATION with them.

Recieved the above this afternoon via the Council Postmaster system.

To save a possible wasted journey, I would suggest you also take along acceptable 'proof of address' if you are taking your passport with you as your passport does not show your home address .

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 09:32:03 am »
I went to Maesdu office at 7.15am today.... and waited 10 minutes while they searched , only to be told there was nothing for me.

I asked them to double check as I KNEW that various items had been sent to me.... and after another 10 minutes wait,  mysteriously 7 items were handed to me.

When I queried why this happened, I was just told ..''take a look in there mate, its piled high...chaos''

Thats not a good reason to send people away empty handed (which did happen to several others while I was there)  ...

So.... don't accept the first answer if its a NO.     
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 09:35:03 am »
Yes That's a point !  My OH asked how busy it was and was told there was a queue. It isn't a very big office, so I should wrap up warmly !
Next thing all the posties will have hernias lifting the volume of mail. Oh dear what a situation. :'(