Author Topic: The Great British Weather Debate  (Read 88456 times)

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
Re: The Great British Weather Debate
« Reply #570 on: January 02, 2020, 12:27:36 PM »
The weather in Colwyn Bay has been quite rough this morning and it must be bin day in some parts of the area as I've driven past quite a few of the empty green stacker bins which have been blown across the roads.

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #571 on: January 12, 2020, 11:51:26 AM »
People often talk about the extremes of weather that we are having now and despite what Donald Trump may say about Global Warming being "fake news"   we know from the scientists and the News that this is actually happening.    We can also see for ourselves, especially older people like me can see that local conditions like wind and sea levels and storms are getting more extreme.
I've attached three photos below which I have attached many many times before and it gave me food for thought.

Photo No1 was taken about 1960
Photo No2  was taken in 1988  ( but was like that in 1992 also )
That is roughly 28 years +  between both photos

Photo No 2 again taken in 1988
Photo No 3  taken in 2019
That is roughly 31 years between photos 

Is that a sign of an acceleration of Global warming or  a catastrophic clanger by the CCBC?

SteveH

• News Editor
« Reply #572 on: January 12, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
People often talk about the extremes of weather that we are having now and despite what Donald Trump may say about Global Warming being "fake news"   we know from the scientists and the News that this is actually happening.    We can also see for ourselves, especially older people like me can see that local conditions like wind and sea levels and storms are getting more extreme.
I've attached three photos below which I have attached many many times before and it gave me food for thought.

As much as CCBC would like to blame Global warming for the West Shore mess, I think it is just bad planning, I would like to see Trump face to face with an Australian crowd and tell them Global Warming is fake news, my own views on GW are whether natural or man made, we have to act now, and lower our contribution before it is to late.     

An article I read some time ago.........  How We Know Today's Climate Change Is Not Natural     You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hugo

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #573 on: January 13, 2020, 02:30:51 PM »
The storm is looking bad here in Colwyn Bay but other parts of N Wales seem to have had in worse and there is another 24 hours to come of this bad weather

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login