Author Topic: The Great British Weather Debate  (Read 80267 times)

Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: The Great British Weather Debate
« Reply #525 on: August 11, 2019, 02:58:12 PM »
Sorry to hear you are housebound Steve, I didnít know this.
However, I reckon this weekend most of us have been made housebound, by the weather,  and we get a tiny feel for what itís like.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #526 on: August 11, 2019, 04:48:57 PM »
Thanks for that, F.  Maybe housebound was to strong a word, I do get out, but I am a bit of a fair weather everything these days.

SteveH

• Newshound
« Reply #527 on: August 12, 2019, 01:16:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Being housebound and a bit fed up with the weather, I felt rotten when I realised that both the Eisteddfod and Eglwysbach Show were on over the Weekend, and from experience, I am well aware of the difficulties involved in these conditions, rain you can plan for, but wind can be unpredictable and dangerous, I think a "Well Done" to all involved, is in order.

THE recent rain and mud did not dampen spirits at the annual Eglwysbach Show, which is a must see attraction for North Wales rural communities.

The show has been held on the second Saturday in August every year. Over the years the show has welcomed visitors and competitors from all parts of North Wales and other locations such as Manchester and Birmingham and further afield.

As in previous years it boasted many attractions for the young, the old and those in between, with numerous trade stands, and classes for cattle, sheep, heavy and light horses, poultry, flowers, vegetables, handicrafts, childrenís classes, a speed shearing competition, a fun dog show, donkey rides, a local garden competition, tractors and classic machinery, a fairground, and an art exhibition. The horticulture marquee was a particular attraction and included a range of vegetables, flowers, farm and dairy produce, handicraft and photography exhibits. ref Pioneer