Author Topic: The Great British Weather Debate  (Read 199749 times)

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
Re: The Great British Weather Debate
« Reply #465 on: March 03, 2018, 03:24:05 pm »
Thanks Cambrian for posting that.     $good$

I wish that I'd have known about it before but at least I'll have it for the next cold spell.     

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #466 on: March 03, 2018, 03:37:43 pm »
Sorry lads but I am still seeing this.

"All Gone!
We've now sold out of lagging kits. Please check back for future offers."

Any advice  $good$

Offline Meleri

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #467 on: March 03, 2018, 05:24:00 pm »
They have this offer most years according to a blog I was reading earlier, so you will have to get in early next year Steve. I can't see how they can quote it should cost £15 as Aqualogic who have partnered Dwr Cymru on this, sell the tap protection jacket for £5.72 and the 2 metre insulation pipe cover is on offer in B&Q for £1  &shake&

Offline SteveH

« Reply #468 on: March 03, 2018, 06:19:01 pm »
They have this offer most years according to a blog I was reading earlier, so you will have to get in early next year Steve. I can't see how they can quote it should cost £15 as Aqualogic who have partnered Dwr Cymru on this, sell the tap protection jacket for £5.72 and the 2 metre insulation pipe cover is on offer in B&Q for £1  &shake&
Many thanks M.   $good$

Offline Hugo

« Reply #469 on: March 03, 2018, 06:31:56 pm »
Sorry lads but I am still seeing this.

"All Gone!
We've now sold out of lagging kits. Please check back for future offers."

Any advice  $good$

I've checked again Steve and sadly you're a bit late on the offer.  I'm not surprised that they have all gone considering the weather that we have had.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #470 on: March 03, 2018, 06:58:49 pm »
If I thought the weather was bad in upper Colwyn Bay it was nothing compared to the countryside outside of St Asaph.    My walking mate Tellytubby was out in this weather delivering urgently required medical supplies and sent me photos of the road conditions he had to face.
When one road became impassable he walked half a mile through the snow to deliver the medical supplies to an elderly person.   I bet that person didn't expect to see anyone deliver the package that day

Offline Hugo

« Reply #471 on: March 04, 2018, 06:28:09 pm »
Tellytubby and Rhuddlan have been out and about today and Rhuddlan sent me a photo that shows the island in Menai Straits which is between both bridges.     The level of the water must have been too close for comfort for the people living in those cottages.
Tellytubby and Mrs T  went to Aber to have a look at the frozen falls there.    Apparently the place was busy with hundreds of people doing the same thing.
The ice has now started to melt but the photos are still impressive.

Offline SteveH

« Reply #472 on: March 04, 2018, 06:55:21 pm »
This dramatic drone footage reveals shattering scale of Holyhead Marina destruction
The film shot by John Davies looks like a scene from a disaster movie as recovery work continues.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/dramatic-drone-footage-reveals-shattering-14367089

Offline Hugo

« Reply #473 on: March 04, 2018, 10:50:53 pm »
I wouldn't fancy climbing up the waterfall at Aber but some climbers obviously did.   In the last photo I posted I've only just noticed a climber on the way up the waterfall

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #474 on: March 05, 2018, 09:32:49 am »
We're at the same latitude as Minsk, so for the most part we get away with the worst weather.  I suspect that's why it always comes as a surprise when we get clobbered.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #475 on: March 05, 2018, 11:49:56 am »
I wouldn't fancy climbing up the waterfall at Aber but some climbers obviously did.   In the last photo I posted I've only just noticed a climber on the way up the waterfall

I know the climbers, they are experienced ice climbers and they took the opportunity.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #476 on: March 08, 2018, 07:36:58 am »
It's back again!!     

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #477 on: March 08, 2018, 08:15:59 am »
It is, and yet because it didn't snow in Cardiff, the only mention of it on the Wales news on BBC was the final item - when in passing they mentioned that a bit of snow had fallen. Had a few flakes hit Cardiff they'd have been doing special bulletins all day...
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline DVT

« Reply #478 on: March 08, 2018, 08:25:14 am »
A470 closed between Glan Conwy and Tal-y-Cafn due to SNOW !!!

I grew up in Tal-y-Cafn and live in Llandudno Junction since 1976 - I cannot recall Bodnant Hill ever being closed before - what is going on?

I should be at Bodnant today so looks unlikely now!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #479 on: March 08, 2018, 09:45:48 am »
Bodnant hill does close in snowfall times - usually when a lorry gets stuck half way up.  But we've known it closed on several occasions - although usually only for a short time.