Author Topic: Quiz Time!  (Read 825999 times)

Offline daveroberts

Re: Quiz Time!
« Reply #1995 on: October 03, 2012, 12:45:21 am »
Francis' riding stables was owned by my grandfather's brother Jim. Their father owned Francis Garage in the West End. Do you have any photos or memories of the stable you could share?

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1996 on: October 09, 2012, 12:56:48 pm »
             Roundabout where in the Llandudno area would you find this unusual garden feature? It is actually a water feature, and normally has water cascading down it, but typically, when I photographed it, the water was switched off!
                    :rage:

Offline Llechwedd

• Sixer
« Reply #1997 on: October 09, 2012, 01:31:41 pm »
Oooh I just saw that from the bus it's on the corner in Llanrhos.  Hadn't noticed it before.

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1998 on: October 09, 2012, 01:54:21 pm »
          $good$  Absolutely correct,Llechwedd. I had never noticed until I cycled past it and the sun reflected off it into my eyes. I don't know how long it has been there but it looks very impressive when the water's on. It's on the  south-west corner of Bryn Lupus Road on the mini-roundabout at Llanrhos corner. Lucky you were sitting on that side of the bus!

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #1999 on: October 13, 2012, 09:57:53 am »
           Where would you find this clock and bell tower in the local area?

Offline Mikethewatch

« Reply #2000 on: October 13, 2012, 10:07:41 am »
Llanrhos school?

Offline Gwynant

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2001 on: October 13, 2012, 10:58:23 am »
            Correct Mike. $good$

I should have realised the clock would be a giveaway for you! The Old Schoolhouse looks very nice now after its renovation. I have come to the conclusion that my locations are too easy as they only last a few minutes so I'll try and locate some harder ones in the future!

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2002 on: October 14, 2012, 01:20:38 pm »
Three towns riddle
The firsts in COLWYN BAY and also in CONWAY, LLANDUDNO it has none but DEGANWY it has one
The seconds not in COLWYN BAY, LLANDUDNO or in CONWAY.
THREE TOWNS FORUM has two as you can see, there's one in DEGANWY now that makes it three.
The thirds in COLWYN BAY, LLANDUDNO it has two. There's none in Conway town and THE THREETOWNS FORUM to
The fourth is like the last one which makes it a repeat, so now I can tell you your first word is complete
The next ones in DEGANWY, LLANDUDNO it has one, but if you look at the other three you will find that they have none.
The next is in COLWYN BAY, LLANDUDNO and CONWAY as well, there's two in the THREETOWNS FORUM none in DEGANWY you can tell
The next will appear in all of them the only one you will find, ill tell you now there's six of them because I'm feeling kind
The last is in DEGANWY IN THREETOWNS there are two, COLWYN BAY, LLADUDNO , CONWAY there are none and that's your final clue.
 Now the riddles ended and I know it was not tough
There's no need to thank me your answers praise enough

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2003 on: October 14, 2012, 01:34:39 pm »
spot the mistake.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #2004 on: October 15, 2012, 02:41:18 pm »
If the mistake is in: "The next ones in DEGANWY, LLANDUDNO it has one"

then I make the answer "WELL DONE".

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
« Reply #2005 on: October 15, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »
I could have looked at that forever ! My mind doesn't seem to work in that direction at all.
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2006 on: October 15, 2012, 06:27:16 pm »
This line threw me
 The next ones in DEGANWY, LLANDUDNO it has one, but if you look at the other three you will find that they have none.

I thought it was "A"  because the were two "D" 's in Llandudno but it was a good brain teaser and I tried a few times to solve it but with no luck.       &well&

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #2007 on: October 15, 2012, 10:23:39 pm »
nice one Blodyn,Hugo well spotted my mind must have gone blank with the 2 "D"s in llandudno, only spotted it after I had posted it. passes the time away,

Offline Hugo

« Reply #2008 on: October 15, 2012, 10:28:41 pm »
I enjoyed having a go Snowcap even if I did have a headache afterwards so well done.    :)

Offline hollins

« Reply #2009 on: October 16, 2012, 07:38:13 am »
I could have looked at that forever ! My mind doesn't seem to work in that direction at all.

Nemesis, your comment made me laugh because that was exactly how I felt about the question!
Very well done to snowcap for setting it and to Blodyn for answering it.
Mystifying to my mind also.