Author Topic: The New year Wish List  (Read 11704 times)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
Re: The New year Wish List
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 09:11:27 am »
I realise your access to the swimming pool is becoming something of a long-standing joke, F, but you might actually be eligible for some compensation.  I've been looking at their leaflet for Ffitt Conwy and there's actually no mention of restrictions.  Even their website states

Ffit Conwy is more than just a leisure membership, it is a way of life. The card allows you access to a range of 16 activities at 8 of our leisure sites. All you have to do is choose the centre and activity that suits you.

Contractually, they're stating 'All you have to do..." when, from your various accounts, it seems there's actually a lot more you have to do. 
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 05:07:05 pm »
I've never been the litigious type Ian, but where this is issue is concerned I would be mightily tempted.
It's all about the frustration you see.

I am sure that deep within the terms and conditions of membership there will be a clause about 'Management reserve the right to amend opening times or 'the offer' or suchlike.

To me, the issue is more about how keen they are to gather new members, and get new subscriptions in to the coffers.
When you ask the question about Pool usage, they always say that there is 'no problem' or 'it's unlimited'.
The reality kicks in when you study the colourful timetable leaflet in detail, or worse, actually turn up clutching your swimming cossie, eager to use the membership that you so extravagantly pay for.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 07:16:52 pm »
I've never been the litigious type Ian, but where this is issue is concerned I would be mightily tempted.
It's all about the frustration you see.

Quite.  I suspect the only way they'll stop messing people abut (and I'm sure you ain't the only one) is if someone makes waves. Whatever clauses are there are largely irrelevant as they're probably within the remit of the 'Unfair contractual terms' legislation. It would, admittedly, come down to what is considered 'reasonable' as do so many contractual issues, but from what you've posted it does seem as though they're not upholding their end of the contract.

It's that simple: are you getting what you paid for and were promised?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 09:44:54 pm »
Most definitely not Ian, and I am sorely tempted.

However, there is only one thing more frustrating than not getting what you pay for, and that is tackling those faceless monoliths who are responsible.

SKY TV and HMRC are the very worst examples of that.

Given how unbelievably difficult it is to file my Self Assesment online, I cannot understand how HMRC receive any revenue at all!
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 08:37:59 am »
Yes;  I must admit the battle I had with HMRC was incredible, and took over four years before they finally caved.

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 12:23:12 pm »
Yes;  I must admit the battle I had with HMRC was incredible, and took over four years before they finally caved.

I wonder if that could be the result of the Government cutting 3,600 jobs from the revenue collecting side of HMRC, even though they actually collected far more money than it cost to run their department.   ))*
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2018, 05:56:02 pm »
[smg id=3363]

Good time to think what CCBC should make their priorities for the next 12 months.

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2019, 12:12:24 am »
A first foot to everyone, Happy Hogmanay.

Offline Hugo

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2019, 01:42:25 am »
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda bob un                                   Happy New Year everyone

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2019, 10:27:49 pm »
Happy New Year to one and all

Offline Hugo

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2021, 10:37:08 am »
Blwyddyn Newydd Dda bob un                                                                     Happy New Year Everyone

I hope that everyone has a Happy, safe and healthy New Year and that we can return to normal as soon as possible

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2021, 10:52:01 am »
                                            Best wishes to everyone, take care and stay safe

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2021, 10:21:21 pm »
Happy( Covid free ) New Year to all, hope 2021 see's things getting back to some normality.