Author Topic: The New year Wish List  (Read 11717 times)

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
The New year Wish List
« on: December 12, 2010, 08:27:58 pm »
 8) Just thought i would get in early with my wish list for the town and i will try and be realistic
1  Work to start on Llandudno railway station.
2  That Llandudno gets a proper xmas illumination display the Queen deserves for buisnesses and residents alike.
3  Highways to sort out Mostyn Champneys ,the lights on Conwy rd exit and a crossing on Mostyn Broadway across too Venue Cymru.
4  Venu Cymru Arena,more work by the management to bring in more pop groups and bring in buisness to the town.
5  The one we would love would be CCBC sorting out the Pier Pavillion,but hey REALISTIC not.
It would be nice to see these subjects appear on the next agenda of the town council meeting. :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:37:04 pm by Ian »

Yorkie

Re: 2011 Wish List
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:21:54 pm »
Speak tp your local Councillor and ask him/her to get these things put down as Agenda Items.  Better still write to the Mayor asking the same and it is her DUTY to see that it is done.  Mind you being an Agenda item does not guarantee any action.      ££$

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 12:40:51 am »
I fully expect that Wrex might as well copy and paste this wishlist into the same thread one year from now.... nothing will be done in 2011

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline wrex

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 06:09:16 pm »
 ::)  Unfortunatley Fester you are right but lets not give up on our beloved Councillors delivering for once.
6  To see the FOTWS[friends of the West Shore] achieve something.
7  To get the town beach cleared, Olwen tried and tried but alas no good,god bless.         

Offline MrFalafel

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 03:32:48 pm »
There really is no reason the Venue Cymru wish can't be met. The problem with that venue is the mentality behind the people booking the acts, not the venue itself. As was demonstrated by the Motorhead show and other popular acts recently these shows bring a different cash spending crowd into town. We don't need any more acts aimed at the senior OAP demographic, let's start getting the youth away from driving into Liverpool or Manchester for their music when it can be part of the North Wales musical lanscape as well.

Perhaps we can insist that someone of a more youthful orientation become a part of the booking team at VC?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 04:35:24 pm »
Good idea Mr Falafel, just as long as its at the expense of TWO other positions at VC.   There are already something like 90 staff, and it loses £30,000 per week,   ..so lets not ADD to it!
Fester...

Offline MrFalafel

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 10:27:22 am »
Good idea Mr Falafel, just as long as its at the expense of TWO other positions at VC.   There are already something like 90 staff, and it loses £30,000 per week,   ..so lets not ADD to it!

Holy cow what do 90 people do all day at VC?

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 07:29:53 pm »
I think thats the problem in a nutshell...... they are costing you and I money all day!  But generating very little.
Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 07:39:03 pm »
I would go there if they ever had anything that I want to see, the last time we went was October 2009 when Jethro was on, very funny he was too  _))* 
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Blongb

• Management board member
  • I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 04:30:17 pm »
At least it was a proper Panto this year and not like the Craig Revel Hallwood appreciation Society show we had to endure last year. That Linda Lusardy as the fairy godmother is still well worth a second glance  :o
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 05:09:17 pm »
That Linda Lusardy as the fairy godmother is still well worth a second glance  :o
Ha ha my hubby was working in Asda the other day and he served Linda Lusardy. Funny he said she was worth a second look as well lol  _))*
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Trojan

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 12:41:59 am »
At least it was a proper Panto this year and not like the Craig Revel Hallwood appreciation Society show we had to endure last year. That Linda Lusardy as the fairy godmother is still well worth a second glance  :o

Was she on page 3 of the pantomime programme?

Offline Nemesis

Re: The New year Wish List
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 08:56:36 am »
 _))* _))* _))*
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Offline Blongb

• I love living in Llandudno.
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 09:39:03 pm »
It's a pity the topless bus(t) isn't operating at the moment. That would have given us an eyeful  :o
Quot homines tot sententiae: suus cuique mos.
(There are as many opinions as there are people: each has his own view.)

Offline Trojan

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 10:07:24 pm »
It's a pity the topless bus(t) isn't operating at the moment. That would have given us an eyeful  :o

I believe she arrived by bus.