The Local > Genealogy & Research

Dafydd Wyn Roberts

(1/3) > >>

jroberts1960:
Can anyone out there help with my research. My great, g'dad I am told had a fruit/grocer shop of some kind in Llandudno pre 1930. Went by the name Dafydd Wyn Roberts. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks Jim.

Hugo:
This might be nothing other than a coincidence but there is a thread here on pg 2 under the heading T Toberts Roby House.    They were grocers and just may have been related.
At the Conwy Archives in Llandudno they have Llandudno Street Indexes for 1911, 1914, 1922, 1926 and 1929 and they list the breadwinners living in every property in the town.  They are listed alphabetically so are easy to trace.  Perhaps once we can find Dafydd's address it may help with your search

jroberts1960:
Thanks Hugo, I will look into that one!  $good$

Hugo:
I'm hoping to go to the Conwy Archives tomorrow about something else but will have a look in the Street Indexes for you and see if I can find any address.

suepp:
In 1929, as well as T Roberts and sons Roby House, 114 Mostyn Street,  there was a  Lloyd Roberts at 27  Lloyd street;   the Proprietor was  a Miss Lloyd Roberts. Also listed as Grocers are F.W Roberts, P.O. 19 Ty Gwyn Road, Owen Henry Roberts in Alexandra Road, and a Wholesaler John Thomas Roberts at Bryn-Bras, Claremont Road.
My own grandfather David Price Roberts had the grocers at the corner of Oxford and Howard Road (later Plants) in the 1930's!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version