Author Topic: Mike's Great Orme Golf Course  (Read 67050 times)

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
Re: Mike's Great Orme Golf Course
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2014, 08:08:24 pm »
  Drinks all round. I should say.   (whisper, only thing is its cans of 30p cola)

Just turned up this thread and for the first time read the posts about a crazy golf being for sale. Thanks DaveR but probably a bit late for the 2014 season HaHa

Offline SteveH

• Management Board Member & Newsgroup Editor
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2014, 05:37:07 pm »
Hi Mike,  The Snowdonia shop is still open, big closing down sale, ....just in case you still have your credit note. $good$

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2014, 04:27:14 am »
Thanks Steveh for thinking of me. Yes I spotted the sale so I dived in and used my credit note double quick mike

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2014, 10:57:56 am »
Massive congratulations to Mike for his Great Orme Family Golf now becoming:

Ranked #1 of 21 Activities in Llandudno

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g190724-d3491611-Reviews-Great_Orme_Family_Golf-Llandudno_Conwy_County_North_Wales_Wales.html

+}}{-- :__)+

Offline snowcap

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2014, 10:17:43 pm »
great review,s Mike and well deserved, Keep up the good work and go from strength to strength in the new year. Bri.

Offline born2run

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #170 on: May 18, 2015, 12:02:18 pm »
Lovely game me the missus and the baby had yesterday Mike  $good$

Bit windy and that is to blame for my poor score!

Best attraction in Llandudno In my humble opinion and lovely to catch up with you Mike

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #171 on: May 18, 2015, 09:07:26 pm »
   It was nice to see the three of you. To be honest I do not enjoy being up there when these gusty winds are blowing. For a start me, personally, don't like the wind. Not at all. My cut off point is far lower than many of the golfers who arrive and want to play, and I almost find myself persuading them to forget it. Hows that for poor business.
   With rain, especially sudden downpours, its easier. If they give up I just give them a voucher for a free game in the future when the weather is more settled.
   Anyway, your young son enjoyed himself, tucked up warm and asleep in the pram.  Mike

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2016, 03:21:51 pm »
I saw this on my way to the pier today Mike, and instantly thought of you.

I reoriented the images, F.  Ian.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:46:17 pm by Ian »
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #173 on: May 25, 2016, 12:45:12 pm »
 thanks Fes.  This is a lovely example of a very well looked after elderly coach. Of course the owners name is not unusual. Indeed there is a sizeable coach company runing under the name of Owens of Oswestry.
   Just to be picky. My surname is Owen. No "s". Owen is far more common a name. We outnumber the Owens by about 20 to one, but it is amazing, and annoying, how many people mistakenly give us an s on the end.  Of course, the issue of the possessive S also confuses the matter. In shall l say as an example Owen's golf course.
  Bet you are now sorry you thought of me😀😀😀

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2016, 01:44:43 pm »
thanks Fes.  This is a lovely example of a very well looked after elderly coach. Of course the owners name is not unusual. Indeed there is a sizeable coach company runing under the name of Owens of Oswestry.
   Just to be picky. My surname is Owen. No "s". Owen is far more common a name. We outnumber the Owens by about 20 to one, but it is amazing, and annoying, how many people mistakenly give us an s on the end.  Of course, the issue of the possessive S also confuses the matter. In shall l say as an example Owen's golf course.
  Bet you are now sorry you thought of me😀😀😀

Not at all dear Sir! 
Ian, thanks for that, but I wonder.... the images displayed the right way up on the post, when I checked them on my iPhone.   Hmmm.   I've had this issue before, causing you to amend them.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2016, 02:20:01 pm »
I'll do a check on our iPhones.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2016, 05:02:35 pm »
  Whilst the golf thread is on the go for the first time for a good while    By coincidence I've just received an email from trip advisor the course has been awarded certificate of excellence for the third year running. Hurray. Double hurray, it's has'ent cost me a penny.

Offline Bri Roberts

• Management board member
« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2022, 10:34:52 am »
I just read on the - You know you are from Llandudno - Facebook page that the new owners, who replaced Mike, have handed the course back to CCBC.

Offline llandudnotrust

« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2022, 04:26:08 pm »
That's a shame they put in a lot of work and tried new things. No money in it I suppose

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2022, 07:48:19 pm »
If the golf course has closed down then I think someone ought to consider removing this banner from the West Shore childrens playground.