Author Topic: Mike's Great Orme Golf Course  (Read 71583 times)

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Re: Mike's Great Orme Golf Course
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2011, 07:32:51 pm »
I abandoned work today, soon after 5pm...as I was flogging a dead horse.. >?>??

But, I couldn't help but notice that Mike was still open, and quite a group of lads were on the 8th green.

I hope business is picking up for you Mike.  :golf:
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2011, 11:41:19 am »
I was two cars behind you at the traffic lights in Augusta Street today about 10.00am so I guess that you were on your way up the Orme when I turned off up Trinity Avenue,
Hope that you have a great season up there and I'll pop over when I'm next walking there.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2011, 12:12:02 pm »
I reckon we should all meet up and have a golf competition on Mikes Golf course...........in the evening  :D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Paddy

« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2011, 02:09:18 pm »
Count me in Pen.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2011, 02:15:50 pm »
Nice one Paddy.

For all those who can't play golf I shall be needing the services of A CADDY and a BUGGY DRIVER  _))*

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline TheMedz

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2011, 03:19:46 pm »
I'm up for that.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2011, 03:42:29 pm »
For all those who can't play golf I shall be needing the services of A CADDY and a BUGGY DRIVER  _))*

I can play golf but can't manage the walking now, so will volunteer as a combined Caddy and Buggy Driver plus sandwich and drinks server.     ZXZ
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2011, 04:29:45 pm »
ok that's two points off my list.  Next......................ah yes Golf clubs and Buggy  ;D

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2011, 08:56:15 pm »
This sounds like a nice idea. I would add that normal charges would not apply---maybe a big bucket for golfers and their caddies to fling their cash in. When it gets enough to buy me a couple of pints the golf course will close.

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2011, 09:37:20 pm »
sounds like a plan Mike  $good$

Offline CurlyCap

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2011, 10:08:30 pm »
Had a lovely walk around the Orme with my Mum and the children today and it was great to meet you Mike! Thanks for letting us cut through (can't believe I've never been through that way before) I think my Dad and the children will be paying you a visit for a couple of rounds tomorrow, if this great weather keeps up !

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2011, 12:05:41 am »
I'll join in the Forum golf competition - I'm useless at golf but somebody's got to come last!

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2011, 10:21:50 am »
It was good to meet you yesterday evening, Mike, as I was walking past.  Hope you have a good season. 

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2011, 08:14:24 pm »
Thanks Blodyn, the pleasure was all mine. And to find out you live in the area, there is a lively hotspot for forum members up the Orme.

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2011, 08:53:16 pm »
I think this is the first time I have ever started off a thread on this my own site.  Everything I have written in the past was a response to another post. But I must write this. Yesterday I spotted a gentleman walking up my entry road carrying (struggling) with five carrier bags obviously full of golf balls. I thought "eye eye heres a salesman" and waited. But, no. "Here you are. I'm the Father of ------ and Ive brought these  for you they are only taking up space in my house."  His daughter is a forum member, I have met her but I'm not going to give her name. But how nice.  Mixed golf balls are only cheap---but not THAT cheap. He wouldnt accept any money, just my promise not to charge him if he ever comes for a round.