Author Topic: IT expert needed  (Read 6752 times)

Offline dwsi

IT expert needed
« on: October 29, 2014, 07:36:01 pm »
A friend of mine is looking for a local IT business that can recover wiped data from a laptop, does any of the forum members know of anyone?

Offline Yorkie

Re: IT expert needed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 08:28:49 pm »
A friend of mine is looking for a local IT business that can recover wiped data from a laptop, does any of the forum members know of anyone?

Try Dave Brammer, North Wales Computers ain Back Npmadoc Street at rear of Boots in the Victoria Centre.  Well established.
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline pojo

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 09:33:37 pm »
Ian Ralph, if you can find him!!!

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 07:01:41 am »
You don't need an expert as such.  All you need is a data recovery program. Data Rescue 4 is what I used, recently, to recover an entire 2TB hard drive's erased data. That's for Macs, but there are just as good progs for PCs.  Cost is about £50.00, but that's a fraction of what it would cost if you take it to a data recovery centre.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline dwsi

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 02:11:24 pm »
Thank you everyone for the suggestions  $good$

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 05:56:11 pm »
Last week my Canon  Pixma printer made a racket as I was going to change the ink in it and now the print head holder will not move to the installation position.   
Does anyone know a person who repairs printers at a reasonable cost?          I was only asking that because the printers are quite cheap to buy new but I've just bought some ink which has cost me more than the printer did and in any case the printer I've got now seems to be obsolete

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 06:09:46 pm »
I had that problem a couple of years ago, Hugo, and it cleared after I cleaned it.

Give this a try.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=canon+pixma+print+head+stuck&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Offline Hugo

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 10:37:19 pm »
Thanks Bri for that info, I'll give it a go      $good$