The Local > Times Past

Schools in the three towns area

(1/4) > >>

JasonW:
Our restoration project for Llanrhos Old School is progressing very well. Fundraising by members of the committee has brought in around £5000.
Planning Permission for the works have been granted.
The significant grant application to the Welsh Assembly has been submitted and we hope to hear whether this will be granted in early 2011, hopefully in February. If we get this grant then it will give us enough income to be able to start the project.

As part of the project we would like to collect as much history about the site as possible.

Can any Forum members help in identifying or providing information on the history of the Llanrhos Old School

http://www.llanrhosoldschool.co.uk/

jasonweyman@tinyworld.co.uk

Phill2610:
Hi,

Recently paid a visit to Llandudno & Craig-y-Don to see an old school friend buried - Ian Haslock. This was my 1st visit since 1968. Really good to meet up with some old school friends even though the occassion was sad.

By the way, my name is Phill Plevey and I used to go to Lloyd Street School & Ysgol Mostyn for my sins. Left in 1963 to join the Royal Navy.

To those who remember me - Hi - to those who don't know me - Hi. Will be back there again soon, loved the place as a boy and loved it even more when last there.

Bri Roberts:
Hi Phill and welcome.

Do you remember any of these kids at Lloyd Street school or were they much older than you ?

Hugo:
What year was that Bri? 

Bri Roberts:
1952-53.

Can you name one or two, Hugo ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version