Author Topic: Where can I buy....?  (Read 27283 times)

Offline Blodyn

Re: Where can I buy....?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 09:31:38 am »
Hollins, I don't think that "shed" is an adequate description of your new edifice - it doesn't sound like any shed I've ever known! 

Offline hollins

• Management board member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 10:17:50 am »
The only thing I consider when entering a shed... is spiders !!

WIMP!  :o

Hollins, I don't think that "shed" is an adequate description of your new edifice - it doesn't sound like any shed I've ever known! 

Okay, what about "hut" then! ;D

Offline Trojan

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 10:29:44 am »
The only thing I consider when entering a shed... is spiders !!

WIMP!  :o

Okay, what about "hut" then! ;D

More like chalet methinks.  :)

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 07:36:06 am »
More like chalet methinks.  :)

"Chalet" sounds good to me!

Offline hollins

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 10:08:39 am »
Can anyone recommend a good optician in the area please?

Offline Bri Roberts

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 10:43:18 am »
Since Gordons closed down I have been going to Specsavers in Llandudno for a number of years and I always seem to be examined by the same gentleman who is very good.

Last year, he found something and referred me to the Eye Clinic in St Asaph for further investigation.

Offline hollins

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:50 am »
Thanks Bri.
My husband and I have had two completely different experiences with specsavers. Mine good and his bad, in two different branches. I think it depends on the quality of the staff at the individual branch.
That's why I was hoping somoene would have had some personal experience which you obviously have.

Offline Yorkie

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 11:21:42 am »
I agree about Specsavers.  I have been seeing Mr Fisher for many years and he in fact saved my sight in one eye by detecting a detatched retina that I had been walking around with for three weeks.  I had it repaired by Mr Ng at St Asaph Eye Hospital just 36 hours after it was detected.

Can't thank him enough, for if it had not been found the retina would probably have totally peeled within a short time.  Seeing him next week for my routine examination.    ££$
Wise men have something to say.
Fools have to say something.
Cicero

Offline Bellringer

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 12:40:42 pm »
My wife and I are both quite happy with Specsavers in Llandudno - which reminds me, I had a letter last week telling me I was due a two year examination, so will pop off and make the appointment.

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 01:18:41 pm »
I have my eyes tested at Boots in Llandudno and don't have any complaints about them, though I seem to see somebody different every time I go.  They certainly don't try to persuade me to buy new glasses when there's only a minor change in the prescription.  My mother, who has glaucoma, also uses Boots and is happy with them. 

Offline Sara

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 01:44:12 pm »
I have been using Specsavers for many years. I recently bought some new glasses but after wearing them for a couple of weeks found the frame quite uncomfortable. Went back to Specsavers and they happily let me choose a different frame and reordered the lenses (varifocals, ultrathin, reactions) all free of charge. Have also had contact lenses from them.

Offline hollins

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 06:53:18 pm »
Thanks for the advice on picture framing.
Here are the results!
Three of David Roberts photographs purchased from the Llandudno Emporium and framed by Bernards in Craig y don.
How satisfying to have bought something so lovely and used three local businesses in the process.
 $good$

Here are Dave R's photos finally installed in their new home. $thanx$

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 09:14:26 pm »
They look really good, H!  $good$

Offline Blodyn

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 10:18:55 pm »
That looks fantastic, Hollins.  I'm sure that your "chalet" is at least as well decorated as any in your Swiss photos - and probably better than most of them. 

&well&

Offline hollins

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 01:54:18 pm »
I have promoted the other two to the shed. They look great. Thank you very much.