Author Topic: Three Towns Forum Christmas Meetup  (Read 16431 times)

Offline Quiggs

• Ad Free Member
I wish to add my comments to the evening as well, I had met Fester previously, but was pleased to meet all the others and put faces to names on the Forum. Ormegolf was someone I recognised but couldn't place, he said the same about me, after a short investigation and discussion we realised that we'd passed each other on the road whilst driving buses, the drivers of which, usually acknowledge each other as they pass on the road. ( a kind of courtesy gesture, like were in the same s--t as each other ) I soon realised how much he was enjoying the evening when he started to repeat himself. Great to meet you Mike, and enjoyed the evening with you all.  Seasons Greetings to you and all on the Forum. XXXX.
Dictum Meum Pactum

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
According to all the feedback... we all had a great time, ..except DAVE R !

Well, I know he's not a lover of pubs and drinking beer ...(YEAH RIGHT!)  Z**

We shall have to have a New Year get together, and then an Easter one, and then a Spring one...and then one for each persons birthday... ZXZ

Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Nemesis

• Management board member
Ooooh-- mine's next month !
Mad, Bad and Dangerous to know.

Yorkie

You haven't put it on the Forum Calader yet!    ))*

Offline Pendragon

• Ad Free Member.
You haven't put it on the Forum Calader yet!    ))*
Just put mine in, didn't realise you could do that.........nice one  :D
Only hindsight has 20/20 vision
Angiegram - A romantic notion derived from the more mundane truth.

Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley

Offline Michael

• Ad Free Member
This is really for Quiggs. I'm glad to have bumped into you (Oh, sorry, drivers should never say that) but I don't understand this repeating myself bit. I only asked if you were an alpine driver. Then I said I was hoping to go on an alpine holiday. Then I said we were all pining for another drink.Mike

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
 So when's our next meeting then? ZXZ
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Yorkie

May I suggest an evening meeting in a local hotel for  a quiet meal with a few drinks, where everyone can get the opportunity to meet with each other, avoiding the noise and confusuion created in a pub atmosphere.

Maybe somewhere like The Esplanade, The Can Y Bae or a similar place.

Not being a Pub person this type of evening would be more appreciated.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
I'm still waiting on Mr Trojan before planning anthing further on this,,,

Yorkie,  we perched ourselves up in the top section of The King's Head last time.... on a quiet night.
Good atmosphere, no noise, and a big ampi-theatre to facilitate a broad and friendly discussion..

It worked well in my opinion...   
Fester...

Yorkie

That sounds OK to me.  Unfortunately I suffer from Ochlophobia which is one reason you will never see me at a football match!      $uk

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
That sounds OK to me.  Unfortunately I suffer from Ochlophobia which is one reason you will never see me at a football match!      $uk

I have never heard of Ochlophobia until now when I Googled it and being totally serious (unusual for me I know) a lot of what I read applies to me, I like open spaces, I hate feeling trapped in a space, feeling unable to get out instantly. Having said that I felt fine in the last meeting at the King's Head chatting with friends  ZXZ

Plus if you remember that test on here last year, it seemed to suggest that I was partly autistic  :o
am I doomed? nah, I'm having a great time!  D)

Offline Trojan

Try going to Anfield. Plenty of open space there.  ;D

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
Trojan....when are you next home?  THAT is the key to the next booze-up.

Yorkie and Merddin.... there is nothing wrong with either of you,  just get your arses to the OPEN SPACE of the King's Head.

Fester...

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
Fester, you know we'll be there like a shot  Z**  ZXZ

Offline Trojan

Trojan....when are you next home?

I thought it was one of the quiz questions.  8)

What if I get called a  **** by a drunken Godfather Administrator Sector Ambassador? (that one didn't get past me!  :D) hmm......I'd rather come home in the summer I think.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:06:51 am by Trojan »