Author Topic: Recommended Tradesmen in the 3 Towns area  (Read 89350 times)

Offline Dave

Re: Recommended Tradesmen in the 3 Towns area
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 04:31:31 pm »
I can think of a few trades people I wouldn't recommend too but I guess we can't put them on here.

Offline Dave

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 10:59:24 am »
The useful and informative discussion about my £100+ per hour plumbing bill seems to have been removed ( no names were mentioned). Presumably the moderator is a plumber ?
What are acceptable rates for skilled tradesmen ? Isn't that part of the perception of who is good or bad too ?

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 11:11:56 am »
The useful and informative discussion about my £100+ per hour plumbing bill seems to have been removed ( no names were mentioned). Presumably the moderator is a plumber ?
What are acceptable rates for skilled tradesmen ? Isn't that part of the perception of who is good or bad too ?
Ian has moved the discussion into this thread:
http://threetownsforum.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1930.60.html

Offline Dave

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 01:49:57 pm »
Thanks Dave

Offline Merddin Emrys

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 08:05:09 am »
Our usual plumber Michael Ludenbach, has sadly had to stop working as a plumber due to his knees. A great shame as I have worked with him on some jobs and without doubt is the best person I have ever worked with! He is German and has a great logical way of doing things! Luckily he trained an apprentice who has now taken over the business, he will be my choice next time I have a plumbing job that needs doing!
A pigeon is for life not just Christmas

Offline Mr Tunnock

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 04:15:09 pm »
Can anybody please recommend a children's entertainer, age range 9/10 for a weekday late afternoon?

Offline Dave

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2015, 11:58:48 am »
It took me ages to find this post and when I did it didn't have a recommendation.
I would suggest this whole topic is best suited as a sticky in "Ask a local" and hopefully there would be more input then too.

Now, does anyone know an outside painter/decorator that isn't fully booked for months and if possible has ready access to a cherry picker as the height of my roof is three storeys plus a finial on the top of the eves.
Thanks in anticipation Dave

Offline Hugo

• Management board member
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 05:00:05 pm »
My neighbour phoned me and said that his TV reception was awful, the picture was breaking up and often the screen would go blank and a notice on the screen would say  no signal or poor reception and he wondered if I was having a similar problem with my TV.   I said I was having a similar problem so my neighbour said that he would get a TV engineer in that had been recommended to him.
My neighbour was thrilled with the results so I used his  engineer to fix my TV's and we are equally pleased with our results too. 
I could recommend him to anyone as he is very good and his prices are reasonable too.  He is Mark Worthington    Tel  07824 340449

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2015, 09:19:07 am »
Bubbles Launderette. Brooke Street.

Just had the loose covers off the suite and duvets done. Excellent service and very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Fester

• Ad Free Member.
  • El Baldito
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2016, 05:13:22 pm »
Just had a some new wrought iron gates, (2 sets), and new railings installed at Fester Towers.
A brilliant job, and a very decent price... by,
RW Welding and Mechanical. 01492 525956

Highly recommended for Steel or Ironwork.
Fester...
- Semper in Excretum, Sole Profundum Variat -

Offline Bosun

• Ad Free Member
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 07:49:07 pm »
Just had a some new wrought iron gates, (2 sets), and new railings installed at Fester Towers.
A brilliant job, and a very decent price... by,
RW Welding and Mechanical. 01492 525956

Highly recommended for Steel or Ironwork.

Rick Whittaker, good bloke, his work is first rate. I can also add to Fester's recommendation.
Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Offline Ian

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 02:40:11 pm »
We decided to have heat pump and air con installed and the chap who did it was outstanding, both in terms of workmanship and price.

His name is Mike, and the company is:
Northwest Airconditioning Ltd

145A Ashley Road

Hale

Altrincham

Cheshire
 WA14 2UN

Heat pump systems heat your house using heat extracted from the outside air. They can extract heat down to -15C and, in summer, work in reverse to keep the house pleasantly cool. Cost: about the same a single double glazed window.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which we least know.  ― Michel de Montaigne

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes.

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2016, 07:05:36 pm »
Any recommendations for Garden Landscapers? Im looking for someone that can design and plant out a garden, together with the hard landscaping like paths/fencing really. $thanx$

Offline Cambrian

• Genealogy & Research team
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 08:17:13 am »
Martin Barritt & Son may be worth a try Dave. Llandudno based, he has done work for our church, reasonable and reliable.

contact: martin.barritt@googlemail.com   Mobile 07818 447821

Offline DaveR

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 08:42:10 am »
Martin Barritt & Son may be worth a try Dave. Llandudno based, he has done work for our church, reasonable and reliable.

contact: martin.barritt@googlemail.com   Mobile 07818 447821

Thank you, Cambrian.  $good$